Bochicchio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bochicchio

Post by antonio43 »

Eternalgreetings,
On June 12th you send me this message in the post. Yes i'm always looking for informations? Have you more informations?

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:37 am Post subject: Re: Bochicchio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eternalgreetings, wrote: Antonio43, I know information on Salvatore Bochicchio who came to America 1914 from Acerenza. Are you still interested?
eternalgreetings

Post by eternalgreetings »

Hello Antonio43,

Are you a Bochicchio? Are we related?
Salvatore Bochicchio was my Step-Great Grandfather who married my Great Grandmother Luisa Borgia in the United States.

What information do you have about Salvatore Bochicchio before he left Italy? Do you know anything about his family in Italy? I would love to correspond with you.

I am sorry I took so long to reply, but I was waiting for ItalianGenealogy to notify my email address when a reply was posted to my reply, but that never happened. I thought I'd check with the website again and was pleasantly surprised to see you wrote back. I shall have to keep checking this website.

Regards,
EternalGreetings
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

I read your answer about the Bochicchio family.

One of my ancestor was a Bochicchio, and I wanted to know who is exactly this Salvatore, from Acerenza. ?

I don't know anything about him.
What informations about him have you.

Thanks.
eternalgreetings

Hello Antonio43,

From my searches of Salvatore Bochicchio on Ancestry.com, I found there are several men who came to the U.S. from that part of Italy. Unfortunately, I don't have details regarding immigration and family in Italy for the man who was my Step Great-Grandfather, except that when he came to live in the U.S. he had a family who stayed behind in Italy. He used to write to them and send them money. (He was not a blood relative, but we couldn't love him any more if he had been.)

In the U.S. he lived with my Great-Grandmother Luisa Borgia, for over 60 years in Paterson, New Jersey. They were wonderful Great-Grandparents and I miss them very much. Everyday I think about them, feel their love and feel love for them.

Great-Grandpa had a beautiful vegetable garden and every year he made his own wine. Although he became an American citizen, he read the Italian newspaper everyday. He worked part-time as a janitor in a coat factory in Paterson, New Jersey, but you would never know it by the way he dressed everyday in his three-piece suit, white shirt, tie, and hat. He hunted deer every year with other Italian friends (met in this country but from Avigliano, Italy, where someone told me he had come from).

Do you have any pictures of yourself and your Bochicchio ancestor? I would love to see if there is any resemblance. If you have information about your ancestor, I would appreciate your sharing it with me. And, as I continue to search I will share with you any information I find. I have emailed persons by the name of Salvatore Bochicchio in that part of Italy but no one has responded. I thought one of them might be a relative of my Great-Grandfather.

For me, searching and finding information about my family members is just like reaching out and touching them. I wish you many blessings and hope you, too, may reach out and touch your family members. It would be fun and exciting to learn you and I are connected through Salvatore Bochicchio. At the very least, we are all connected on this beautiful Earth of ours. :-)
eternalgreetings

Dear Antonio43,

There are a few important details I do have regarding my Step Great-Grandfather, Salvatore Bochicchio. According to his U.S. Social Security records, his birthdate was 17 July 1886. Also, I found an immigration record for a Salvatore Bochiccio, approximately 27 years of age, from Acerenza, Italy, who came to the U.S.A. on 10 July 1914. The ship landed in New York, U.S.A. Because of those two records, I believe that is the man who became my dear Great-Grandpa. Also, because I know he lived in Paterson, New Jersey, I believe he isn't the Salvatore B. who came to America and lived in Connecticut, U.S.A.

I hope this extra information helps you. Kind Regards!
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Post by antonio43 »

Thanks for your answer.
I'm also descending from a Bochicchio.
I know the family come originaly from Avigliano.
According to what I know, a lot of member of the Bochicchio Family are from the region of the Basilicata.
Nevertheless, according to some people, the Bochicchio (who are maybe all related together), are come from Albania, a few century before.

Concerning you ancestor, maybe he previously live to Connecticut (when he arrived in Italy),and after in Paterson.

Me too, I have goog rememberings of the ancestors I've known.
Thanks.
eternalgreetings

Antonio43, you are welcome.

The immigration passenger record has a section where it asks for the immigrant's nearest relative in the country from where the immigrant came. Salvatore Bochicchio's record shows "wife". There are two other words that aren't clear because of the very fancy writing of the person who recorded the information. It looks like it could be "folansecca accerenza" I don't know if I could share with you the actual photo of the immigration record on www.ancestry.com. There must be a way to do that.

I read about the Bochicchio name. Some of the Bochicchio family were from Albania, but it said some by that name originated in Italy.

Do you have any family members who have any birth or marriage records for the Bochicchio family? It would be good to see records and photographs if they are available.

Regards.
eternalgreetings

Hello again, Antonio43,

I studied the immigration record to see other words written and I am quite certain the word after wife is the name "Filomena" and the town "Acerenza" although it looks as though it is spelled with 2 "c", like "Accerenza".

I looked in the White Pages and there was a listing for
Bochicchio Maria Filomena
85021 Sant'Angelo (PZ) - Via Nazionale
I wonder if she is a descendant of Salvatore and Filomena Bochicchio.
eternalgreetings

Antonio, I found a record for Antonio Bochicchio. The names in the family were: Antonio 60, and his wife Margaret Bochicchio 57, and Mary Bochicchio 23, Angelina Bochicchio 20, Joseph Bochicchio 18, Antoniette Bochicchio 16, and Nichols Bochicchio 13. I copied the information below.

1920 United States Federal Census 1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Antonio Bochicchio
Home in 1920: Stamford Ward 3, Fairfield, Connecticut
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Margaret
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of Immigration: 1907
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 339
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Antonio Bochicchio 60
Margaret Bochicchio 57
Mary Bochicchio 23
Angelina Bochicchio 20
Joseph Bochicchio 18
Antoniette Bochicchio 16
Nichols Bochicchio 13

Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Stamford Ward 3, Fairfield, Connecticut; Roll: T625_179; Page: 13B; Enumeration District: 168; Image: 339.

Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page: NARA.
Fallon

Post by Fallon »

antonio43 wrote: 08 Feb 2007, 16:20 Hello,

i'm looking for the member of the Bochicchio's family who came to America.
Especially tha one originary from Acerenza. I precise you that i've no exact name, or place they went in USA.

Thanks
Hello my great grandfather was Rocco Bochicchio. He came to America from potenza.