Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

Post by nuccia »

Lee..

I agree..the letter from the LDS is better. The other one is very limited. I think I'll bookmark that one.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

Post by wldspirit »

It has great content, but does take some work.......if it were interactive like the Circolo form letter......it would be perfect!!!!!
Hugs,
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
mattera
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 Mar 2007, 00:00

Re: Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

Post by mattera »

Wouldn't it figure? Saturday's mail included a letter from Italy. I posted too soon, at least on one town--Montenero Val Cocchiara. I received several pieces of paper, including two copies of a computer-generated birth record (presumably off an officially maintained computer system) for my maternal grandfather's mother. I must translate it to see exactly what it has, but it appears to show her name, her parents' names, the date of her birth, and the time (although it lists it as 0:00, as they undoubtedly did not record the time of the birth that far back). It is signed and stamped by the official.

The other paper included was a preprinted form with hand-written information in the blanks that appeared substantially similar to the birth record, but was created (I think) around the 1950s. I'm not sure what it is yet, but perhaps that collected and documented information from earlier sources as a sort of pre-computerized central record keeping. Again, I'll have to translate it to find out.

Now I still have some hope for the other two letters (Serrara Fontana on Ischia and Panni in Foggia). I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Alex
Post Reply