Family of Giovanni Mercuri from Montefalcone Apennino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Topper
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Mercuri from province of Marche

Post by Topper »

VJ let me first thank you for your time and effort.
VJ his residence was 811 Second Street, Ellwood City, Pa. He may have purchased the house some time between then and the date of his first born son, Romie 10/29/1923. I think he resided with a relative by the name of Folino in Ellwood City until he married Italia. So this may account for the difference in the address.
Topper
Topper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Topper »

Looking at the ships manifest on page 2 column 18, could that first word be Sister Mercuri Domenica followed by Bro Giuseppe Mercuri?
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

vj wrote:Town on WWI Card could be Montefalcone Appennino
Valarie
Valarie, looks like that's the town.
Montefalcone Appennino, province: Ascoli Piceno - region: Marche

108 DIFFERENT SURNAMES PRESENTLY RECORDED
(the number after the surnames refers to the number of families)
ALEANDRI 2 * ALESIANI 3 * ANGELETTI * ANGELINI * ANTONELLI 2 * AQUILANTI * ASCENZI * BALDONCINI 2 * BARTOLOZZI DIONORI 5 * BARTOLOZZI DIONORI * BENEDETTO * BERTOLONE 2 * BRANCALEONI * BRUNELLI * CALCINARI * CAMPING LA PINETA * CAPPELLI CARDINALI 2 * CARDINALETTI * CARDINALI * CATALANI * CENSI * CENSORI 3 * CESARI 2 * CINTI * CIOTTI * CIPPITELLI * CIUCANI * COCCI 2 * CONTI * CUPELLI 2 * CURTI 3 * CURZI * DE ROSSI * ELEUTERI * FABIANI * FERRETTA TIDEI * FERRETTA TIDEI TIDEI * FRASINI * FUNARI * GHANAOUI * GISMONDI 3 * GIUSTOZZI * GRIFONELLI * GROSSI * IOZZI 4 * ISIDORI * LATTANZI * LEPRI * LIBERATORI * LUPI * MANCINELLI 2 * MANCINI 5 * MANTOVANI * MARCOZZI * MARINI 3 * MARTINEZ * MARZIALI 2 * MARZIALI MANCINI * MARZIALI PIERDOMINICI * MASSI 2 * MAZZONI * MECOZZI * MERCURI 12 * MERCURI PICCIONI * MIGHETTI * MIGNI * MILANI 10 * MINNETTI 2 * MOLINI * MONTELISCIANI * MORA * NATALI * OMENETTI TRONELLI * PALLOTTI 2 * PALMONI 2 * PAPETTI * PAPIRI * PAPIRI 14 * PETRACCI 2 * PETROCCHI LAICI * PICIOTTI * PIERDOMINICI 5 * PISTOLESI * POLLAZZON 2 * RAFFAELLI * RASCHIONI * RENZI * ROSSI * RUBICINI * SABBATINI * SANTARELLI * SCENDONI * SCHINCHIRIMINI 3 * SENZACQUA * SERVILI * SERVILI RASTELLI * SFASCIAPAGLIARI * SPINELLI MARZIALI * SQUARCIA * TAFFETANI * TIRABASSI * TONICI * UBALDI * VALENTINI 2 * VIOZZI * VIOZZI MILANI * VIRGILI * ZAMPONI

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Topper wrote:VJ let me first thank you for your time and effort.
VJ his residence was 811 Second Street, Ellwood City, Pa. He may have purchased the house some time between then and the date of his first born son, Romie 10/29/1923. I think he resided with a relative by the name of Folino in Ellwood City until he married Italia. So this may account for the difference in the address.
Topper
In Giovanni Mercuri ship's manifest, line 1, well it is a Giuseppe FRATINI coming from Montefalcone Appennino, cousin of Giovanni Mercuri , that joining at Giuseppe Mercuri cousin also, same address... also Giulio SISTI is a cousin of Giuseppe Mercuri ( line 2).. maybe could be helpful

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0030%2ETIF
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Topper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Topper »

Thanks Biff, you are absolutely right about his birth place of Montefalcone Appennino. After careful scrutiny of the ships manifest and the WWI dratft registration card, I have concluded that his family had apparently moved to Amandola which is a larger Commune, perhaps for work. Looking at the ships manifest he lists Amandola as his last place of residence. I looked up the logistics of Amandola to Montefalcone Appennino: Amandola is 10 miles west of Moletfalcone Appennino.
You are also correct Suanj about Giuseppe Fratini and Giovanni Mercuri heading for the same place. I also noticed that they originally had written Dunbar, Pa then crossed it out and wrote in Greensburg....Thanks
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Some contemporary photos of Montefalcone Appennino, a small village of under 600 residents.
http://www.bellemarche.co.uk/montefalcone.htm

If you'd like to write for records:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Montefalcone Appennino
Via San Pietro, 27
63028 MONTEFALCONE APPENNINO AP
ITALY

The letter should be in Italian. Here's a link to an interactive letter.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
CKMercuri

Re: Family of Giovanni Mercuri from Montefalcone Apennino

Post by CKMercuri »

I was in the Marche region a few weeks ago visiting my family, including my name, Mercuri. My great-grandfather is from Force, in the Marche region. Montefalcone is visible from Force, since they are both atop hills.

If you wish you can contact me for more info.

Carlo Mercuri
Topper
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Family of Giovanni Mercuri from Montefalcone Apennino

Post by Topper »

Yes, I am interested in what ever info you have. My father-in-law was a very quiet man and never spoke of any family members to his children. I don't quite understand why. My wife or her brother know nothing of his family.