If you are looking for passport of Italian ancestor.....

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: If you are looking for passport of Italian ancestor.....

Post by Italysearcher »

Where do you write to in Roma for passports from 1900?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Italysearcher wrote:Where do you write to in Roma for passports from 1900?
Archivio di Stato di Roma has documents about issuing passports before 1870. I suggest you to call that Archivio and to talk with "un archivista della sala studio"
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo :lol:
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Ciao Riccardo,
grazie per la sollecita risposta e per i suggerimenti. Avevo già provato con l'Ufficio Personale in Largo Daga ma non mi hanno nemmeno risposto. Provero' immediatamente con la Dott. Di Simone e con Charlene Bonnette per la ricerca in Luoisuana.
Grazie tante

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

nazca wrote:Ciao Riccardo,
grazie per la sollecita risposta e per i suggerimenti. Avevo già provato con l'Ufficio Personale in Largo Daga ma non mi hanno nemmeno risposto. Provero' immediatamente con la Dott. Di Simone e con Charlene Bonnette per la ricerca in Luoisuana.
Grazie tante

Vincenzo
E' stato piacere mio, comunque se tu conosci l'ultima sede di servizio del bisnonno, si troverà probabilmente presso l'Archivio di Stato.
Charlene Bonette è molto brava, mi ha risposto diverse volte,
in bocca al lupo e fammi sapere
ciao Riccardo :lol:
leash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leash »

hi riccardo,
i would love to get my nans passport or my great grandparents. they were from lena (leni??) is it possible

thanks alicia
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.poliziadistato.it/scrivici you can send an internal police e-mail and ask them for the specifics inobtaining passport applications filed in the provincial archives of a townof origin.

Insofar as the town of originyour are talking about you might wish to go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the correct name, click cerca and then click on the name for the town website LENI. =Peter=
~Peter~
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

leash wrote:hi riccardo,
i would love to get my nans passport or my great grandparents. they were from lena (leni??) is it possible

thanks alicia
Dear Alicia,
if Leni is the village belonging to Messina province, there is nothing at Messina State Archive, and maybe you can find something if you write to Polizia di Stato, as stated from Peter
bye Riccardo
Ceranesi

Post by Ceranesi »

ricbru wrote:Hello,
after a little research in the lists of the all local italian state archives (Archivio di Stato), you can try to find the application for passport of your ancestor or the real passport. There are records about issueing italian passport from 1600's to 1900's
Only if your ancestor was born in one of the provinces below:

Cagliari-Firenze-Livorno-Milano-Modena-Napoli-Palermo-Parma-Pescara-Pistoia-Ravenna-Roma-Rovigo-Savona-Siena-Teramo-Torino-Trapani
Trento-Treviso-Udine-Venezia-Vercelli

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo