Trying to research/find family/ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Trying to research/find family/ancestors

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi Robert

The earliest Fiorilli entry dates to 1707; based on death records, that family seems to have been from the comune di San Biase, distretto di Nicastro, provincia di Calabria Ultra Seconda, Regno di Napoli. There is one entry from Napoli circa 1729. The earliest Fiorilli from Campobasso date to the mid-1700s. Based on the somewhat limited number of entries (relatively speaking) and the fact that those Fiorilli often married into families that were not indigenous to Campobasso, I suspect that they may have originated elsewhere - but, of course, I'm not sure. I’ve sent you a list of my Fiorilli entries, as well as a list of my SGG entries.

As with most of us, my research started with my direct line. Then I started to add siblings. Then I started to add anyone who was connected to my direct lines, by marriage or otherwise. This method has seems to have spun completely out of control and I now have almost 40,000 individuals in my database, over 7,000 of which are directly related to me. I'm not sure why I'm doing this either, but I imagine it's an affliction that many of us suffer. If you find the antidote, please let me know!
John Armellino
Credico

Re: Trying to research/find family/ancestors

Post by Credico »

JohnArmellino wrote:In the Registri dello Stato Civile of Campobasso (CB), I recently ran across a branch of a Graziano family that originated in San Giovanni in Galdo (CB):

Costanza Maria Graziano (b. 22 FEB 1809) m. Michelangelo Iacodoro (b. 24 MAY 1813) on 14 JUN 1835 in Campobasso (CB)

Francesco Graziano (c.1783†1832) m. Pulcheria Credico

Michele Graziano (c.1749†1802) m. Nicolina Zampino

Pasquale Graziano m. Libera Iadiemma [sic]

The source records can be found on VAULT INTL Film 1443299 at MATRIMONI 1835 N. d'ordine 25 and PROCESSETTI 1835 Numero del Registro 25. Perhaps this can be of some help to you, either now or in the future.