Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have to tell you that when I first read about these wheels I cried. To think babies were left there... But then I thought that Alessandro's real mom had some decency in her to at least drop him off on the wheel and not drop him in the river to die. His life was spared that is for sure and he was able to live a long decent life because of his real mom and her decision.
So if I understand correctly I have to give up because I will most likely never find his real parents? I am sad about that. I almost feel gulity that I can't find that information out. This is not setting well with me but I guess with time I will get over it. Thanks for your help on him and with this translation.
Hi Kim, sometime, the nurse of a foundling, it was the real mother... exemple: if a woman was pregnant out marriage, she hid the pregnancy, then it give birth, and it carried the child to the wheel; then it asked to have it like nurse or adopting it... so the she in this way had the son but not the shame.... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
So if I understand this Mariarosa Pannoni cold be the real mother of Alessandro? Is there a possibility of matching DNA over in Italy if we could get any type of record of Alesandro to send over there and who would it be sent to if it WAS a possibility? I really don't want to give up on this. Let me know.
November 2nd is All Souls' Day,a Catholic feast dedicated to the memorial of the dead which, according to tradition, can be dated back to ancient times. This day, in almost every country, the dead are remembered with different rituals and customs, yet the aim is just one: give some consolation to th...