Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cherie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 00:22

Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

Post by Cherie »

Dear Suanj,

You did so much work on this and I cannot thank you enough. You have indeed found my great-grandparents. The special part was seeing how my grandfather (the oldest son John) and grandmother (his wife Eleanora) struck out on their own and had two children. That census information was so interesting! I only wish it listed more than ITALY for their place of birth. I can't find anything for the towns they came from in Naples. So in your opinion, what was the original name from Italy? And is it true that in Italy, the woman keeps her maiden name even after marriage?

Thank you so very much for your help.
Cherie
Cherie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 00:22

Re: Santinello, Pasquale and Giovanna, Agawam, Mass.

Post by Cherie »

Anyone have info on towns in Salerno area of Naples where Santinellos came from?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

Post by suanj »

Hi, by this record your ancestor was born in Salerno town or in some Commune in Salerno province:

Patsy Alphonse Santinello

United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Name Patsy Alphonse Santinello
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1942
Event Place Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Residence Place Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts
Gender Male
Employer Patsy Alphonse/Santinello
Birth Date 09 Mar 1887
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DHX9-WWZ
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

Post by suanj »

the Pasquale marriage record:


Patsey Santaniello

mentioned in the record of Patsey Santaniello and Jenny Cardaropoli

Name Patsey Santaniello
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 09 Jun 1910
Event Place Springfield, , Massachusetts
Gender Male
Age 23
Birth Date 1887
Birthplace , , Italy
Registration Place Springfield, , Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated) 1887
Father's Name John Santaniello (giovanni)
Mother's Name Francesca Petacca
Spouse's Name Jenny Cardaropoli
Spouse's Father's Name Gesnele Cardaropoli (Gesuele)
Spouse's Mother's Name Antonia Cardaropoli
Certificate Number 3984
Number of Images 1
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1469062
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

Post by suanj »

I am pretty sure that he was born in Bracigliano, and by marriage record we know that the father was Giovanni Santaniello and the mother Francesca Petacca.
The his birthdate on WWII draft registration card is a bit wrong, because by Salerno archive this record is your Pasquale:

Cognome: Santaniello
Nome: Pasquale
Classe: 1888
Comune di nascita: Bracigliano
Full text:
Santaniello Pasquale di Giovanni e Petacca Francesca nato il 28/02/1888 a Bracigliano di professione

so he was born in Bracigliano on 28 Feb 1888 son of giovanni Santaniello and Francesca Petacca...
so doubts...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply