Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse

Post by suanj »

bbango:
for my experience( and it is no a little experience),

when in a similar search no results( and me too as other members here, and you also, sheet for sheet searching in the censuses and no results),

well it is only 1 possibility: that some data that you know as sure, well it could be no sure..

otherwise already found the records;

instead: nothing, so it must be some error in the info on ancestors, but what?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse

Post by vj »

Hi suanj!
You're so right!
I was wondering if the local historical society
may have phone books/directories for the
area abt 1930?
An address would be a big help.
Valarie
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse

Post by suanj »

Hi Valarie, I don't know, but a address could be really a big help!

i found this record, inverting the surname with first name in the search; and the record is abt this miner:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Dangoe Domenic

Name: Dangoe Domenic
[Dangul Dominic]
Home in 1920: Center, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Age: 33 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Year of Immigration: 1913
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 85
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
August Moni 36
Catherine Moni 31
Joseph Moni 8
Sunia Moni 5
Mary Moni 3
Gino Moni 1 6/12
Romso Mattugozza 30
Paul Brlando 28
Dangoe Domenic 33
John Domenic 38

from reading really it is inverted the surname with first name, and the DANGOE, could be a mistaken version of Bango?
I don't know, it is so hard to find this man in the censuses...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse

Post by vj »

suanj's 1920 census
I believe Indiana county came up before
as a possibility?
Post Reply