Munno and Vollaro

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
lljg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2010, 18:24

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by lljg »

Hi Jim -- Thanks for all of your work! This is very very interesting! I appreciated all you are doing!

Tessa and Peg -- Once again, thank you both so very much for helping out!

Sorry I am being short -- my house is closing and I have to get back to Pittsburgh today!

Take care and I'll write more as soon as possible!

Jean
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by oilman19 »

Our pleasure. :)

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
lljg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2010, 18:24

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by lljg »

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Tessa FAENZA is listed in the Italian surname dictionary with its variations and spread thruout Emilia Romagna region. Since it is a base surname with a local history for its origin makes me think that as a surname it is derived from an occupation and it makes even more sense if it is based upon ceramics as a trade and art form rather than horse carriage conductor don"t you think? =Peter=

Peter,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I believe you are correct about the word relating to ceramics as I just found out from a cousin (actually a first cousin once removed) that my family is "wealthy" in Italy -- they make dishes, etc.!! Thank you and Tessa for researching this word!! God Bless You!

Jean
User avatar
lljg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2010, 18:24

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by lljg »

Can anyone help with this question (see my above post) -- How can I find who in my family in Italy owns this business that makes ceramic dinnerware and possibly more? My cousin told me that it was about 20 years ago that his uncle went to visit the relatives in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (or somewhere very close). He said they lived on a mountain in a castle (or very very large home). He also said that the family's servants drove better cars than we ever had! I realize that the business may not exist anymore or may be in the hands of another family. But all I believe is that this is the Vollaro family. Thank you for any guidance!

Jean
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jean

I found another sibling of Umberto for you. She is Amalia, born 5 Sep 1895 in S.M.
It is another sibling with no matrimoni annotation. This may mean that she never reached adulthood as most of her other siblings. :(

Jim

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9250/v ... th1895.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
lljg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2010, 18:24

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by lljg »

Hi Jim,

OH! Another sibling for Umberto!! How exciting and I still can't believe you are finding all of this! I certainly hope she survived. This is so tragic if she didn't. I am amazed that Umberto survived given all of the siblings you found thus far didn't live long.

I am assuming that you will also send the record to me, as usual?

Good luck on your continued and fruitful search! One thing I did want to share with you regarding Rauso is that the family first settled in Connecticut. My GF's oldest brother was born there. Hmm....

Take care,
Jean
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jean,

I found 1 more sibling for Umberto. Unfortunately, she has no matrimoni annotation either. It is Giuseppa, born 5 Oct 1879 of Gaetano and Maria Rosa in SMCV.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5483 ... rth187.jpg

I just realized I had already sent you her death record from 1888.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
lljg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2010, 18:24

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by lljg »

Hi Jim,

Thank you again for all that you are doing for me. I really appreciate it!

Jean
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by oilman19 »

Prego :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jean

I FOUND ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU! :)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7811/vol ... irth18.jpg

I see Vitaliano Vollaro of Raffaele 28 of Giuseppe and Maria Valentino 55(?) 0f (deceased?) Nicola born on 8 Jan(?) 1864 in S.M.C.V.

Somehow I doubt Maria was 55, but that's what I see. :?

Vitaliano married Maria Maiorano on ?? Jul 1887.

Maybe someone will fill in the blanks for you.

Good luck!
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by maestra36 »

looks like July 16th to me, Jim.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by maestra36 »

date of birth is Jan 8, 1864, as you said above.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

You pretty much have it...and yes, Maria Valentino's age is recorded as 55.
Her father Nicola was deceased.
The child was born on January 8, 1864 at the 17th hour (5 PM)

Marriage to Maria Maiorano was on 16 July 1887

Declarant was Anna Maria Vigliano, daughter of deceased Antonio, 55, midwife, residing at Strada del Monte which was the same address as the parents.

Raffaele's occupation looks like "negoziante" - merchant or shopkeeper.

T.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by maestra36 »

Maria Valentino's father, Nicola, was deceased.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Munno and Vollaro

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Peg :-)

T.
Post Reply