Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by maestra36 »

Chris
Sorry for the typo in my above post. I meant to say that Donata Maria's estimated year of birth was 1815 and therefore could not be the daughter of your Rosa.

As to other record, Rosa Palumbo would not be your Rosa. Rocco was 80 in 1868 when he died. I'll let you do the math this time so that I don't make another typo.

Peg
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by suanj »

Donata Maria Missanelli was 58 old .... so she cannot be a daughter of your Rosa Missanelli..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

Thank you very much. I will continue my search, but at least I've answered a few questions.
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

I previously reported that Antonette's marriage certificate had her maiden name as Aragusa. Father's name Francesco. In searching for more information on her sister Giovannina, I came across a ship manifest from 9/19/1907 where a Giovanna Masinelli arrived. What's funny about this is this particular woman is from Campobasso and the name of the town looks a lot like Agusa.

I checked all the town names in Campobasso, but was unable to find anything similar. Would somebody please be able to check on this for me?

Thank you
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by maestra36 »

Chris
Can't find the passenger list to which you are referring. Can you upload the image for us to look at?
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by maestra36 »

Agnone is a town in the same province as Campobasso and I've seen that town listed on passenger lists.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by suanj »

Maybe you already have a trip of Maria Missanelli( Maria Carmela) -with children Giuseppe and Rocco-joining at Giovanni Marcogiuseppe in NYC; all are US citizens
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

I don't know if this will work, but I've tried to link to the passenger manifest. She is traveling with husband Felice (that's something to figure out another time). You'll notice the name of the town is Agusa.[img]http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0021[/img]
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

They transcribed her maiden name as Manuelli instead of Masinelli. That's probably why you couldn't locate it.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by maestra36 »

Chris
That is Agnone on the passenger list, the town I mentioned above.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by maestra36 »

i see why you think what you do. On the first page of the manifest, it looks like the spelling you saw, but only for her and not the person above her on the manifest. On page 2 of the manifest, the name is clearly Agnone.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by suanj »

Maestra is correct....
on the ship's manifest:
Cerimele Felice and Maria Giovanna Marinelli; the town is Agnone also if wrote Agusa( wrong)...
no doubts: Agnone...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

Thank you. I wonder if I should check birth records in Agnone???
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by chrisdamato »

As if things in the Massinelli family are not crazy enough, I just received Maria Massanelli's death certificate. Her birth records listed unknown father, just like her other sisters. However, the death record says the father is Julio Massinelli.

So, to summarize things:

1)Maria born to unknown father, died with father Julio Massinelli
2)Giovannina birth record missing, marriage record says father Alfonso
3)Antonietta born to unknown father, marriage says Francesco Aragusa, death record says father Frank Petro

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I am frustrated beyond belief!!!
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Antonette Massanelli Mystery Grows

Post by PeterTimber »

Illegitmacy is always the obvious retort in allying your frustrations. =Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply