Looking for Colaianni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Penny47

Re: Looking for Colaianni

Post by Penny47 »

Josh and Loni,

I googled my grandmother's maiden name and came up with this forum. I read the line of conversation you have had in 2011. I have never used a forum before so hope I am doing this the right way. My grandmother's name was Nettie Colaianni and she was born in Denver Colorado. I think her parents were Filomena and Filiberte Colaianni from Denver. I have a picture of my grandmother standing in front of her parents grave stone and wondered if it matched the picture you found when you were taking pictures of Andrew's grave site. I was so excited to think I might have found a connection. My grandmother is gone and I can't confirm for sure that this is her family.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Penny
MarkDiVecchio

Post by MarkDiVecchio »

Penny,

Thanks for your reply. I have a Toni Colaianni in my database, born in CO, died Mar 1980 in Denver. Daughter of Pasquale Filiberto "Felix" Colaianni and Filomena "Thelma" Frazzini. Filiberto was a 3rd cousin to my family. I can send you some information. Contact me at markd@silogic.com.

ciao.
Mark
JLGSW

Post by JLGSW »

Hello Penny,

I had completely forgotten about this forum, I'm so glad you posted to it!! According to my records, I think we are family :D . My Dad has started putting together a website that we are hoping to build, but here is the link. http://ourfamiglia.com

If you click on the Colaiannia tab, then on family history, then on descendants you can view the chart that has been put together so far. Or I think this link should get you there as well. http://ourfamiglia.com/wp-content/uploa ... dents.jpeg

I believe that my Great Grandfather Andrew was Nettie Colaianni's brother. How fun! The last name was changed many years ago. Andrew left his wife Agnus, so she added an A to the end, or thats the story we are told. So my branch of the family tree has all become Colaiannia. When you are looking at the chart I am Loni Colaiannia (maiden name).

I saw that Mark DiVecchio also responded to the post. He was such an huge help when we were getting started with all of this. His website is fantastic, and full of information. There is some great history on his page about the town our ancestors came from. Also I don't have Toni Colaianni listed in my tree, like Mark had mentioned... I'd love to know if I need to add her. Thanks again Mark!

I would love to see the pictures you have and share any info. I have done a lot of research on Andrews branch of this tree, but haven't made it over to any of his siblings yet. I hope our pictures match :-) I've been trying to upload my pic to this page, but its too big, and I can't figure out how to shrink it (novice). Email me and I'll get it over to you!!

Please feel free to contact me, either through this forum, or I'd be happy to email.
joshandloni@hotmail.com

Hope to talk soon
Loni