marinaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: marinaro

Post by silvana/australia »

thank you to all,

I have applied for Vincenza Marinaro's death certificate & hopefully from this will get a date of birth. Vincenza would have left America before 1904 at least, her & Giuseppe Giancola once married returned to Castelpetroso & then had children. So census info would need to be before that period. I will hang on to all the census info, gratefully recieved :D in the hope that once I can correctly identify her I can pin point family. Even though she returned to Italy her family did not.

You guys never cease to amaze me......thanks so much

Silvana
g'day from WA
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

I have more information regarding my gggrandmother Vincenza Marinaro. She died in 1918 at the age of 29 in Castelpetroso), so she was born in 1889. Her death certificate confirms she was born in America. It states her parents were Vincenzo Marinaro and Maria Rosa Chiusano. She would have married in the very early 1900 ( to Giuseppe Giancola - in America ) and immigrated to Italy.

Dear Wldspirit (or anyone that can help,)
can I please trouble you for more census information on:

MARINARO VINCENZO 40 M W ITAL NY NEW YORK 14-WD MANHATTAN 1910

was he married to a Maria Rosa?

thanks again for your generous help.

regards Silvana
g'day from WA
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Vincenzo Marinaro is listed as boarder, married 10 years, but no info on wife, immigration in 1906........
wldspirit
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Please clarify for me:
gggrandmother Vincenza Marinaro
born 1889 in America
died 1918 in Castelpetroso
in 1900 she would have been 11 years old. When do you think she married? Her husband was Giuseppe Giancola.
Giuseppe and Vincenza went to Italy after marriage.

Her (Vincenza's) parents were Vincenzo Marinaro and Maria Rosa Chiusano.

For census research:
1880- not yet in America
1890 - census lost to fire
1900 - every name index (who should be in America this year)
1910 - head of household index - Anyone left in America?

Have you found anyone on a census? If so, who and where?
Have you found the immigration record for Vincenzo and Maria Rosa Chiusano?

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi:
Augusta Rosa CHIUSANO( no Maria Rosa):
Cognome
CHIUSANO

Nome
AUGA.ROSA.

Professione
PEASANT

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
NEW-YORK

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES

Nave
GERGOVIA

Data d'arrivo
4/10/1886

and most probable the husband came before, nobody in 1886, nobody Marinaro in 1885, 1 Marinaro probable for age, are Vincenzo:

Cognome
MARINARO

Nome
VINCENZO

Professione
PSNR

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES

Nave
BURGUNDIA

Data d'arrivo
5/13/1884
best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Found a mis-linked manifest of a young Maria Chiusano... but the year of birth is off by a few... but thought I would post it... you never know...

http://img17.echo.cx/img17/9238/chiusano9fe.jpg

First Name: Maria
Last Name: Cheusano (as transcribed...)
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: May 13, 1897
Age at Arrival:  15y    Gender:  F    Marital Status:    
Ship of Travel: Bolivia
Port of Departure: Naple
Manifest Line Number: 0212

The passengers surnames (on the same manifest) were also found from the town of Elena.... or close by... cannot confirm this yet... If the Ellis site wouldn't be so SLOW today... I could probably get more info... tried 4 times to get info... and just can't get through.

mfjp
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you suanj, I have that information but can not confirm it is them so far.

Dear Debbie, what you have written is correct. Vincenza Marinaro was born in 1889 in America. Her first child, Felicia was born 1906 in Castelpetroso, that would make Vincenza 17.....so I am thinking that Vincenza & Giuseppe married in America 1904 to 1906. Certainly by 1906 they were settled in Castelpetroso. Vincenza was the only member of her family to settle in Castelpetroso. I have been told that she had some brothers who settled in New York or New Jersey, but do not know their names.

If the info suanj has given is correct, perhaps Vincenza was the first born to Vincenzo Marinaro & Maria Rosa Chiusano. Reasonbly they should be included in census records from 1900 onwards, excluding Vincenza who now resided in Italy.

Anyway that is were I am stuck at the moment until I can get my head around finding birth extracts etc in America....or miracously discover Giuseppe Giancola date of bith or death.

Thanks for your feedback

fingers crossed,

Silvana
g'day from WA
elenuccia

Re: marinaro-giancola

Post by elenuccia »

:PDear Silvana,
I hope that this is your "miracle"!
There are many Giuseppe Giancola¨s but I trust this is the one you want.
A Giuseppe Giancola was born in Castelpetroso (borgato Casale) on April 27, 1885. His parents were Vincenzo Giancola (born Feb. 14, 1851) and Felicia Bertone (father Nicola,& most likley born in Sant´Angelo in Grotte). At the age of 17, on May 29, 1903, he arrived in NYC by the Sicilian Prince. He had no personnal contact in the US. He left the US in 1905. Feb. 17, 1907 he arrived a second time in NYC (by the ship, Hamburg).This time he declared going to his father-in-law, Vincent Mar.....?..(couldn´t make out the name at the time), residing at 435 Lamberton St, Trenton, NJ. He also declared having resided in Trenton during his previoous stay.
If you belive he to be "your" Giuseppe Giancola I shall be happy to send you more information.
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

Oh my god elenuccia I love you.

Thank you so much. Indeed that is the correct Giuseppe Giancola. I can confirm that his father was Vincenzo.

I would greatly appreciate any information you have. Are you tracing your family also? I noticed you live in Madrid. Can I help you in some way.

Elenuccia you have made my day!!! You are indeed my miracle!!!

regards,

Silvana
g'day from WA
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Silvania,
Wonderful to see this development.

Now you also have a place to look for records - Trenton, NJ. I have done alot of research in Trenton. Unfortunately, New Jersey does not have on-line records to search.

Here is the NJ State archives:
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/catalog.html

Historical directories for Trenton:
http://trentonhistory.org/Exp/directories.htm

If you want information on Italian Catholic Churches in Trenton, let me know.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Link for 1907's manifest.

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 1889130222

Really nice to see results such as this!!

mfjp
elenuccia

Post by elenuccia »

:P My dear Silvana,
How pleased I am to be able to help you in your quest for your family tree in Castlpetroso. I have found well over 50 ancestors of mine in Castelpetroso and am compiling loads of information.
Vincenzo Giancola born Feb.14, 1851)( was the son of Giuseppe Giancola (died Nov. 11, 1884,at age 67), and Angelantonia Palumbo (born April 16, 1820) Giuseppe was the son of Domenico Giancola and Orazia Pizzi.. Angelantonia was the daugter of Giovanni Palumbo (died Aug. 10, 1846, at age 70 )and Vincenza Ferrara. Giovanni was the son of Don Pasquale Palumbo (notary) and Angelantonia della Vecchia (died Aril 12, 1817, at age 75). You descend from "good families"! Will get back to you when I have more data. Are you interested in collateral ancestors? Domenico Giancola had at least three other sons who married (and died in Castelpetroso).
elenuccia

Post by elenuccia »

:P My dear Silvana,
How pleased I am to be able to help you in your quest for your family tree in Castlpetroso. I have found well over 50 ancestors of mine in Castelpetroso and am compiling loads of information.
Vincenzo Giancola born Feb.14, 1851)( was the son of Giuseppe Giancola (died Nov. 11, 1884,at age 67), and Angelantonia Palumbo (born April 16, 1820) Giuseppe was the son of Domenico Giancola and Orazia Pizzi.. Angelantonia was the daugter of Giovanni Palumbo (died Aug. 10, 1846, at age 70 )and Vincenza Ferrara. Giovanni was the son of Don Pasquale Palumbo (notary) and Angelantonia della Vecchia (died Aril 12, 1817, at age 75). You descend from "good families"! Will get back to you when I have more data. Are you interested in collateral ancestors? Domenico Giancola had at least three other sons who married (and died in Castelpetroso).
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

Dear Elenuccia,

You have given me the best day ever!

Yes I am interested in collateral relatives. Thank you for your kindness, I am overwhelmed.

Thank you also to VaDeb and mfjp, I can always rely on you for guidance.

Regards Silvana.
g'day from WA