De Sio Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: De Sio Family

Post by wldspirit »

And I thought we had "skeletons" in our closet...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the comune keeps records such as we do with regard to police records? Anxiously waiting for the reply..........
Lisa
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Its certainly very interesting.

So does anyone know where I might be able to locate records or information regarding the shooting?

Are there any online resources which document newspaper clippings or polcie files from the Salerno area?

Thank you. Dan.
FDooks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FDooks »

Great finds everybody. I was hoping to find something related since my last name is D'Amore but I do not see a connection. It may be possible that we're connected down the line somewhere but there is a wrench in my research as my D'Amore family died at a very early age. My great gpa was born in Abruzzi region and came to NY in the early 1900's. His parents both were killed in an earthquake. If I come across anything related on your end, I'll let you know. Thanks!
Looking for information on the names:
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo

Any help is greatly appreciated.
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Hey,

I was wondering if there was anyone around that could offer me help, assistance or just some good advice with researching my family tree beyond my great-grandfather Antonio De Sio and discovering information on his father (Felice) and the generations before them.

Additionally, I was wondering whether or not it is possible that Antonio's first wife, Amalia, was actually the sister of Isabella Cascino, rather than the sister of Isabella's husband (Antonio's "brother-in-law") Giuseppe D'Amore?? Thus, her maiden name not being D'Amore, but Cascino?

Many thanks to all who can help, :D
Dann
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Dann..anything is possible. You should write away for the Family Records from Italy and it will give you a list of each of the childrens names in each family.

If someone doesn't link the info I'll do it later...on my way out nowe but didn't want you to think I didn't see your post.

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
desiolucy

Post by desiolucy »

HalloDann.
I'am a De Sio from Italy and you?
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Hi desiolucy,

I am a De Sio. I now live in England though. My great-great-grandfather was Felice De Sio. My great-grandfather was Antonio De Sio and my grandmother was Amalia De Sio.

What is the name of your grandparents? What you know about the family history?

It's very nice to hear from you,
Dan
MFARABELLA

Post by MFARABELLA »

Dear Sirs i'm not sure, but i coud help you.
Mr. Joseph D'amore was the father of my grandmother Brigida. She was born in Montecorvino.
Unfortunately when their parents left Italy to USA, Mrs. Brigida was serious ill and they decided to ship to America without her.
Mrs. Brigida was abandoned to the care of the granny and she never seen no more his father her mother and their brothers and sisters.
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Wow, that is really interesting. Could you tell us more about your Grandmother? Does she remember any of her uncles or aunts (Joseph D'Amore's brothers and sisters)? What was the name of Brigida's granny? Have you heard of an Amalia D'Amore or Amalia Cascino?

It would be lovely if you knew any information on the D'Amore family. :)
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I last visited this site, and I wanted to quickly thank everyone for their much valued help! I've managed to learn so much about my family, and its all down to you. Thank you very much :D

Before I go, I was wondering if anyone could help me see the U.S. Naturalization Record for Giuseppe D'Amore (the "brother-in-law" of Antonio De Sio) at this address:

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... _date=2?=2

Thanks again,
Dan
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

hi Dan..
Glad to hear about your success. The link you posted doesn't work so which of these two would you like to see?

Selected U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974
about Giuseppe D'Amore
Name: Giuseppe D'Amore
Record Type: Petition for Naturalization
Court Type: District Court
Court: Eastern District (Rolls 278-307) District Court, Oct 6, 1906-Jan 13, 1931
Court Location: Eastern District, Pennsylvania
Naturalization Record Number: 70445
Roll Description: (Roll 282) Petition Nos. 70001-70460
Archive Series: M1522
State: Pennsylvania

View original image

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Selected U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2009. Original data:

Selected U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974
about Giuseppe Maria D'Amore
Name: Giuseppe Maria D'Amore
Record Type: Petition for Naturalization
Court Type: District Court
Court: Western District (Rolls 313-343) District Court, 1906-1930
Court Location: Western District, Pennsylvania
Naturalization Record Number: 49923
Roll Description: (Roll 325) Petitions 49891-50100
Archive Series: M1537
State: Pennsylvania

View original image

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Selected U.S. Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1790-1974 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2009. Original data:
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
DANN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DANN »

Thanks a lot Nuccia!
He should be the first one, Giuseppe D'Amore from Eastern District PA.
I would love to see if the document has any other information on his background (such as his parents' names).

Also, in case anyone visting this page is interested, I've located VINCENZO CASCINO's U.S. Social Security Death Index record. [Note that his birth year of 1890 compares to that from his Ellis Island Passenger Record (19yo in 1909) even though his name is misspelt Coseino.]

Vincenzo CASCINO
Birth Date: 13 Dec 1890
Death Date: Feb 1976
Social Security Number: 196-07-9226
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 15901
Localities: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania

The link is here: http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/ ... search.asp

A quick question, does a U.S. citizen have to die in the U.S. itself (say he was abroad/on holiday when he died) for a U.S. Social Security Death Index form to be completed?

Anyway, thanks again for the help,
Dan
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Here's the link, Dan:

nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
gaphoenix

Post by gaphoenix »

Dear Dann,

I wonder where you fit in to this family? I just came accross your post, quite by accident, and decided to respond. You see, I am a direct descendant of Alfonso and Mary DeSio. They are, in fact, my grandparents. Please feel free to contact me at my yahoo address:

gaphoenix2000@yahoo.com

Thanxsomuch,

Gary Lewis
:)
Lindalou828

Post by Lindalou828 »

[quote="DANN"]Wow, excellent research. From the second page of the manifest, the uncle's name seems to include Alfonso. Could this be a link to Maria Castelluccio's husband (they were apparently married in 1912 and moved over there in the summer I believe...

It's very interesting to see the name Cascino come up again, and a possible connection to Castelluccio.

Another question, my cousin seems to think that Alfonso De Sio travelled back to Italy to pick up his in laws to go to the USA 1/21/1921 to New Yorkâ€â€