Help with the Diorio name.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Giovanni777
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with the Diorio name.

Post by Giovanni777 »

nuccia wrote:Did you try using the next and previous page icons? Heres the first page of that manifest..

Page 1

:D
Well this one is the right age, but he's a barber (not a tailor), and he had a wife in Italia (from Taranto Peligni)... hope it's not him!!!

; )
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Giovanni, if Carmine and Teresa back in Italy, well it is most probable that they lived in Campanarello/Venticano; and in any case they SURE registered the birthact of Vincent also in the Italian common of residence ; normally of wife common....
also ... Vincent served the Italian army... so..... you know Vincent birthdate and birthplace, parent's names and making a request in the archive of State of Avellino the military service copy ( they have for men born from 1848 to 1907) and so you can know by this other way where he lived in Italy with the family .. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Giovanni777
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Giovanni777 »

suanj wrote:Giovanni, if Carmine and Teresa back in Italy, well it is most probable that they lived in Campanarello/Venticano; and in any case they SURE registered the birthact of Vincent also in the Italian common of residence ; normally of wife common....
also ... Vincent served the Italian army... so..... you know Vincent birthdate and birthplace, parent's names and making a request in the archive of State of Avellino the military service copy ( they have for men born from 1848 to 1907) and so you can know by this other way where he lived in Italy with the family .. regards, suanj
OK, so this means I would contact the archives of Campanarello/Venticano and ask for any records (birth, death etc?) of Carmine Giuseppe Angelo Diorio (or Di Iorio) and also for Teresa Generazzo?

Then i contact the military service division of archive records in Avellino for Vincenzo's info, right?

OK. So I just need to find out the right contacts for these.

Grazie!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you can contact or:
Archive of State of Avellino, and you can know directly where he lived
or in Venticano civil records offices.. Teresa Generazzzo seem borh here, so they must have her birthrecord and also marriage note; if the reply is positive( if this Teresa Generazzo resulting married at Carmine DI IORIO, all is well; otherwise if resulting a Teresa Generazzo, yes but no married at Carmine DI IORIO)all well, otherwise, you must to write in Avellino State archive for to know something...
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Giovanni777
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Giovanni777 »

suanj wrote:you can contact or:
Archive of State of Avellino, and you can know directly where he lived
or in Venticano civil records offices.. Teresa Generazzzo seem borh here, so they must have her birthrecord and also marriage note; if the reply is positive( if this Teresa Generazzo resulting married at Carmine DI IORIO, all is well; otherwise if resulting a Teresa Generazzo, yes but no married at Carmine DI IORIO)all well, otherwise, you must to write in Avellino State archive for to know something...
regards, suanj
We confirmed here that Teresa lived in pietradefusi (from the manifest where "Vincenzo Iorio" was returning to US to visit uncle "Carminantonio Porrazzo", at 400 E 11th St, NYC... and it is written that he was in Pietradefusi to visit his mother, Teresa). Does this mean the Venticano and Pietradefusi are the same place, or that the records for Pietradefusi are kept in Venticano?

~Giovanni
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

oh no, Pietradefusi is a town and Venticano is another....!! the email for the request:
cpietrad @ seq.it or anagrafe @ comune.pietradefusi.av.it
NO SPACES please I don't know what email working

the address:
Ufficio di stato civile
Piazza Municipio 1
83030 Pietradefusi (AV)
Italy

the fax +39 0825 962445
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Giovanni777
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Giovanni777 »

suanj wrote:well, maybe this is your VINCENZO DI IORIO born the 1/1/1899 in New York in a trip back in USA:
trip of 1925 > October > 25 > Conte Rosso
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4898/vincenzohy6.jpg
in travel with Teresa DE MARINIS born in New York 10 sept 1902 and with Maria PARRAZZO age 71, I believe mother of Teresa... as you can read the right italian spelling of surname is DI IORIO
This is one of the most important things we've found.

I searched in MANY ways on EllisIsland.org for this record, and it is NOT there!
Please tell me where you found this record.
Whatever database this came from will be most helpful.
It is nowhere on ellisisland.org!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Giovanni..

Its indexed under Di Lorio. Check..it should be there.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Giovanni,

The EllisIsland.org records end in 1924, the year before the manifest you are looking for. The record Suanj found likely came from Ancestry.com.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Oops..yes, you are right Biff. It did come from ancestry.com. Baking cupcakes and posting..not a good combo, I guess!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database