Hi!
My GG grandfather is Pietro Carswell too. I am off the Frances side, who had a son called Francis which is my grandad.
Susan
Search found 16 matches
- 10 Mar 2024, 20:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Pietro Carswell (Casoli or Casuli) and Francesco Gennaro
- Replies: 23
- Views: 88143
- 16 Apr 2009, 14:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Have checked the UK immigration records and can not find anybody called Pietro. However that is only from 1878 - 1960 so he may have arrived before this time.
- 15 Apr 2009, 20:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Thank you that maybe him although the ages don't match but that's nothing new, he would be 42 in 1881. I don't know whatdates to use to search now??
- 15 Apr 2009, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Certificate says 1939. The dates and ages don't match with census. Looks like he left his partner and she moved to Dundee with her children and says she was widowed but never married him in the first place.
- 15 Apr 2009, 19:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Peter Carswell - Pietro Casoli?
Hi everyone
Wondered if anyone can help me on where to look next. I think I have found my GG granfather Pietro from Italy, he died in Stirling Scotland aged 99 years old in 1939. His parents were Louisa Casoli and Joanna Casoli (nee Galeu/Galea). I know he was in ...
Hi everyone
Wondered if anyone can help me on where to look next. I think I have found my GG granfather Pietro from Italy, he died in Stirling Scotland aged 99 years old in 1939. His parents were Louisa Casoli and Joanna Casoli (nee Galeu/Galea). I know he was in ...
- 06 Feb 2007, 04:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Thanks again for help, can I ask you where you found his birth certificate I can't find it anywhere??Marisa6 wrote:Hi again
I have found the birth certificate of one of the children - John. It is listed under CASWILLI. He was born 16th October 1887 at 6 Little St Glasgow.
Marisa
Susan
- 05 Feb 2007, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Thanks everyone especially Marisa!
Haven't had much time to do anymore but when I am back in Scotland in July I will be will have access to more.
I found out Elizabeth was living in Dundee, fofarshire in the 1991 census and did not remarry (or marry) till 1908 so was on her own with about 6 kids ...
Haven't had much time to do anymore but when I am back in Scotland in July I will be will have access to more.
I found out Elizabeth was living in Dundee, fofarshire in the 1991 census and did not remarry (or marry) till 1908 so was on her own with about 6 kids ...
- 05 Feb 2007, 04:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4251
Re: Can anyone help
Thanks for the reply. I have looked everywhere can't find anything. All I found was a census in 1881 states 'Peter Carswell born Italy - ice cream maker and that's it and as he never married (or didn't register it) didn't register his kids. I have nothing 
- 02 Feb 2007, 05:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4251
Can anyone help
My g grandfather Peter Carswell, I persumed he had altered his name?? is from Italy probably South Italy and arrived in Glasgow Scotland in approx 1870's. He had lots of children to Elizabeth, she took his name but no marriage recorded. He is in the 1881 census and then disappears. Is there anywhere ...
- 16 Mar 2006, 17:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Thanks everyone!!
What is 'Dolceria'?
I am a bit confused so you think Carswell may have been Carosella?
I am new to this searching in Italy, what is on the microfilm? I am not in Italy I am currently in Australia but back in UK next month. I take it you don't have them online?
Realistically do ...
What is 'Dolceria'?
I am a bit confused so you think Carswell may have been Carosella?
I am new to this searching in Italy, what is on the microfilm? I am not in Italy I am currently in Australia but back in UK next month. I take it you don't have them online?
Realistically do ...
- 11 Mar 2006, 19:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Noone speaks any Italian, didn't even know he was born in Italy till I found the Census.
According to the census he would have been born in approx 1858 but must have been in Scotland by 1886 as he had children then
Susan
According to the census he would have been born in approx 1858 but must have been in Scotland by 1886 as he had children then
Susan
- 11 Mar 2006, 18:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Re: Name Query
Thanks Nuccia
All I have on the 1881 census is born Italy and he was 33 then and an ice cream maker! I wish I knew which part.
Susan
All I have on the 1881 census is born Italy and he was 33 then and an ice cream maker! I wish I knew which part.
Susan
- 11 Mar 2006, 17:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Query
- Replies: 32
- Views: 37152
Name Query
Hi!
Can anyone help me answer a question?? The only details I have about my gg grandfather is that his name was Peter Carswell and was born in Itlay before moving to Scotland in 1880s. Does anyone know what his name may have been in Italian??
Thank you
Susan
Can anyone help me answer a question?? The only details I have about my gg grandfather is that his name was Peter Carswell and was born in Itlay before moving to Scotland in 1880s. Does anyone know what his name may have been in Italian??
Thank you
Susan
- 25 Feb 2006, 20:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Search
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5006
Re: Family Search
Hi!
Does anyone know what Carswell may have changed to, if he did change it?
Susan
Does anyone know what Carswell may have changed to, if he did change it?
Susan
- 22 Feb 2006, 11:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Search
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5006
Re: Family Search
Thanks everyone!
The only information I have is from a Scottish (Glasgow) census in 1891 where it says Peter Carswell aged 33 born Italy. He married Elizabeth McNamara (no marriage cert) and had some children (no record in Scotland of births) and it shows Elizabeth was a widow in 1901 census but I ...
The only information I have is from a Scottish (Glasgow) census in 1891 where it says Peter Carswell aged 33 born Italy. He married Elizabeth McNamara (no marriage cert) and had some children (no record in Scotland of births) and it shows Elizabeth was a widow in 1901 census but I ...