Search found 10 matches

by buzzinrizza
29 Aug 2007, 10:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Jure sanguinis in Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 2741

Jure sanguinis in Italy

Maybe someone can give me a bit of advise. I am a American in Italy trying to obtain dual citizenship. All of my documents seem to be in order except a few. The official here says they need the naturalization certificate translated and apostilled too. Not a huge problem. They also won't accept the ...
by buzzinrizza
08 May 2007, 03:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
Replies: 3
Views: 4956

visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?

I feel that I am very close to the last steps in obtaining jure sanguinis, however there is one thing that is causing me a little confusion. I am planning on attemting to apply in Italy and getting a permesso in atessa di cittadinanza to cover me while the process ticks on. I know that you don't ...
by buzzinrizza
08 May 2007, 03:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Vice consulates
Replies: 3
Views: 4498

Re: Vice consulates

I recently visited the Vice consulate in Phoenix, AZ and they offered next to no help. The person I spoke with new almost nothing about citizenship, in fact the things that he said he was sure about contradicted everything that I have found in all of my research. He also would not comment on or even ...
by buzzinrizza
28 Apr 2007, 05:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: jure sanguinis in Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 4465

jure sanguinis in Italy

I know that I have seen some references to obtaining jure sanguinis while in Italy, but can't seem to find them now. My wife and I have a one way ticket on June 4th 2007. Right around the corner. Due to troubles at consulates and work visas falling through, the only feasible way to stay in Italy is ...
by buzzinrizza
18 Mar 2007, 04:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Los Angeles Consulate
Replies: 17
Views: 17951

Re: Los Angeles Consulate

I don't have any help for you but I share your misery. I am in Arizona and have my documents together and they are being translated, but I can't get any response from the consulate either. Are you in LA? Have you tried a personal appearance? I would love to know what you find out. I know and love ...
by buzzinrizza
26 Nov 2006, 07:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certified for non italian side?Do documents come back?
Replies: 1
Views: 3309

Certified for non italian side?Do documents come back?

A couple of questions about obtaining dual citizenship. First, do documents such as Birth Certificates etc. need to be certified copies with apostilles for a side(maternal in my case) that Does NOT carry the Italian bloodline? I have almost all of my documents together and have hit a roadblock ...
by buzzinrizza
06 Nov 2006, 21:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: how many generations are too many?
Replies: 1
Views: 3333

how many generations are too many?

There is some slight confusion when looking at, what seems like should be the place to look for the real deal on Italian Citizenship, the Consulate website. It seems very clear that 2 generations is max(parent must be Italian). However there are dozens of websites that say there is no limit on ...
by buzzinrizza
29 Jul 2006, 09:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: copies of records
Replies: 1
Views: 2796

copies of records

Hello all. I have a quick question regarding collecting the required documentation for obtaining Italian dual cintizenship. Are certified copies adequate for all records or just some. As far as birth/marriage certificates from Italy, most information I have found seems to require actual birth ...
by buzzinrizza
22 Jul 2006, 09:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: solarino stato civile
Replies: 1
Views: 2872

solarino stato civile

I am currently doing some research on my family and have traced them back to Solarina in the Provinci di Siracusa. Does anyone have any adresses for offices with birth and marriage certificates in Solarino.?
Grazie mille, Justin Rizza
by buzzinrizza
05 Jun 2006, 05:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rizza family roots
Replies: 7
Views: 7707

Rizza family roots

I am an American striving for dual citizenship and have hit a road block. I know my great grandparents were both born and married in the Provincia di Siracusa but can't figure in which commune. I have written to the Stato Civile and the Archivo of the Commune di Siracusa but they couldn't find any ...