Search found 29 matches
- 27 Aug 2013, 18:29
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Foggia Faeto
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1552
Foggia Faeto
Tracked my grandfathers entry to the US in 1907. He was born in Faeto in 1897. At this point there is too much Italian I just don't understand and sites requiring sign up fee's to view documents that may or may not be there or even relevant. I have everything from ships manifest to present day. Need ...
- 27 Aug 2013, 18:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
Pardon my stupidity after staring at films consisting of 1897 it appears to only be a daily ledger of sorts and beyond difficult to deterine most spellings. I did find a page that stated
"Nati, matrimoni, pubblicazioni, morti 1897 Family History Library INTL film 1802915 item 2"
https ...
"Nati, matrimoni, pubblicazioni, morti 1897 Family History Library INTL film 1802915 item 2"
https ...
- 27 Aug 2013, 01:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
I want to thank everyone who helped me on this. It turns out 90% of the information has now been verified as of last Thursday when I met my Uncle for the very first time. (I'm 43)
I NEED a little help on two subjects still. Maybe an Admin can help... But while this thread was active I received a ...
I NEED a little help on two subjects still. Maybe an Admin can help... But while this thread was active I received a ...
- 31 May 2010, 17:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
If you look below line 28 it would appear that my grandfather Pietro Carosiello is listed. Can someone tell me why (or possibly why) there would be a line thru his name and information?
Another clue?
This appears to match one of the names on John’s WWI Card
(Jennie Volpre?, possibly his sister ...
Another clue?
This appears to match one of the names on John’s WWI Card
(Jennie Volpre?, possibly his sister ...
- 13 Nov 2009, 21:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4379
Re: Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
He's deceased. I didn't know records could be "corrected". Thanks I'll look into that. But it seems there is enough confusion I could be his brothers son.
I think this family tree would make Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer shake their heads.
I think this family tree would make Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer shake their heads.
- 13 Nov 2009, 14:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4379
Re: Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
I think I'm screwed.
I just recieved the Long copy of my Birth Certicifate hoping it had more information then the short form.
Seems both long and short have an error. It shows my name as my fathers name
I just recieved the Long copy of my Birth Certicifate hoping it had more information then the short form.
Seems both long and short have an error. It shows my name as my fathers name
- 13 Nov 2009, 04:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4379
Another (“jure sanguinisâ€
I went to the Italian Consulate website for Miami Florida to see what forms and information I would need and have a couple questions.
Bio: Grandfather born in Italy, Came to US in 1907. Served in WW I,
The 1930 Census asks the question "Naturalized" it is answered NO.
My father was born in ...
Bio: Grandfather born in Italy, Came to US in 1907. Served in WW I,
The 1930 Census asks the question "Naturalized" it is answered NO.
My father was born in ...
- 13 Nov 2009, 00:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: SURNAME: Carosiello Marella (seems odd)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3120
SURNAME: Carosiello Marella (seems odd)
It seems we (Thanks to your help) have tracked my father (born in Italy) and his father (born in Italy) to Faeto in the Foggia Region.
When I was looking up information for that Region I came across this website: http://www.surnamesinitaly.com/regions/puglia/foggia/faeto.htm
It shows a list of ...
When I was looking up information for that Region I came across this website: http://www.surnamesinitaly.com/regions/puglia/foggia/faeto.htm
It shows a list of ...
- 12 Nov 2009, 18:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
Wow! You folks are incredible with the searching. With the lack of family informtion, it does seem possible that these last records could be correct (in ref. to my family) It is possible that no one knew that (a possible) Great Grandfather brought my grandfather here. (Then possibly left)
The names ...
The names ...
- 11 Nov 2009, 16:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
Update:
Still pretty much in the same holding pattern as I was last year. I have met a total of 4 family members because of the information in this thread, they are all Nieces.
Lastnight I found a Cousin (My fathers, brothers, son) and we talked for several hours. Seems he knew nothing of our ...
Still pretty much in the same holding pattern as I was last year. I have met a total of 4 family members because of the information in this thread, they are all Nieces.
Lastnight I found a Cousin (My fathers, brothers, son) and we talked for several hours. Seems he knew nothing of our ...
- 30 Jan 2009, 01:00
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Television
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6396
Re: Italian Television
Thanks for all the great leads!!
- 16 Jan 2009, 23:51
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Television
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6396
Italian Television
Does anyone know of a good source to view Italian TV programming on the internet? I'm located in Florida (US) and my local cable provider has no Italian programming available. Supposedly by mid year they are to offer one Channel (Studio 100) I think.
I have found a couple channels by using ...
I have found a couple channels by using ...
- 18 Dec 2008, 17:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: helping a friend
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5329
Re: helping a friend
any of these names familiar?
Name: Francis Battaglia
Home in 1930: Paulsboro, Gloucester, New Jersey
Age: 9
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1921
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Vincenzo
Mother's Name: Levia
Race: White
Occupation:
Education:
Military ...
Name: Francis Battaglia
Home in 1930: Paulsboro, Gloucester, New Jersey
Age: 9
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1921
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Vincenzo
Mother's Name: Levia
Race: White
Occupation:
Education:
Military ...
- 18 Dec 2008, 01:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3689
Italy departure passenger lists "Carosiello"
Thanks to lots of help from this site I tracked my grandfather to his marriage in the 20s and his house in the 30s. However I'm stuck at that point. I think I've searched every place I can for his arrival to the US in either 1903 or 1905 (cant read the original papers) My original thread is here ...
- 16 Dec 2008, 04:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What are my options in locating documents?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 45168
Re: What are my options in locating documents?
I cant thank everyone here enough with all the help.
NOTE:
Due to the infomation found thru help from you great members, I found a niece that lives about an hour from me. She is my brother "lewis" (who died) child from his first marraige. She is now 35 and will be comming to my house for christmas ...
NOTE:
Due to the infomation found thru help from you great members, I found a niece that lives about an hour from me. She is my brother "lewis" (who died) child from his first marraige. She is now 35 and will be comming to my house for christmas ...