Search found 26 matches
- 03 Oct 2010, 12:03
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2606
Looking for travel guide for Taranto and Santeramo
We are going to Italy in Jan 2010 (dates not confirmed) and will be spending time in Bari for our son's wedding. My wifes realatives come from Taranto and Santeramo and I would like to arrange trips so she can visit relatives. Neither one of us speak the language. I looked up some people with the ...
- 16 Jun 2010, 16:37
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bari, Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5937
Re: Bari, Italy
Thanks for the tip on Alberobello. My son talked about this when he returned from his trip to Italy. Also, thanks for the information on wearing layers.
- 02 Jun 2010, 17:07
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bari, Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5937
Bari, Italy
Hi,
My son and his girlfriend are getting married in Bari, Italy next January. She is from Bari. We are planning to attend the wedding and would like to know what type of weather we can expect . Also any interesting tourist sites.
Thanks,
Fred
My son and his girlfriend are getting married in Bari, Italy next January. She is from Bari. We are planning to attend the wedding and would like to know what type of weather we can expect . Also any interesting tourist sites.
Thanks,
Fred
- 14 Dec 2009, 14:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6960
Re: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
Hi,
Again, I would like to thank everyone for their response.
Suanj,
You did a wonderful job of tying everything together with Michele and Pasquale. This is definite a lot of help. Now, I can share this with my father-in-law.
Thanks again!
Again, I would like to thank everyone for their response.
Suanj,
You did a wonderful job of tying everything together with Michele and Pasquale. This is definite a lot of help. Now, I can share this with my father-in-law.
Thanks again!
- 13 Dec 2009, 21:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6960
Re: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
Hi,
Well, first I was hoping some relative would be out there. But, since no one respond I guess I need to do some searching myself.
Do you have any suggestions on how to start?
Well, first I was hoping some relative would be out there. But, since no one respond I guess I need to do some searching myself.
Do you have any suggestions on how to start?
- 13 Dec 2009, 17:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6960
Re: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
Hi,
No, I just started looking for the family. Hopefuuly, I can find some information on them in the US but it would be nice to get something from Italy.
No, I just started looking for the family. Hopefuuly, I can find some information on them in the US but it would be nice to get something from Italy.
- 13 Dec 2009, 16:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6960
Looking for BOZZA/NISCIA fom Santomenna, Italy
Hi,
I am looking for information on the above families that lived in Santomenna, Italy. They are related to my wifes grandfather, Domenico,who was born Oct 10, 1890 in Santomenna. Domenico left Italy in 1906 and lived in Jersey Ciy, New Jersey. Domenico parents name are Michele Bozza and Grazia ...
I am looking for information on the above families that lived in Santomenna, Italy. They are related to my wifes grandfather, Domenico,who was born Oct 10, 1890 in Santomenna. Domenico left Italy in 1906 and lived in Jersey Ciy, New Jersey. Domenico parents name are Michele Bozza and Grazia ...
- 04 Dec 2009, 18:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Andreaccio family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3813
Re: Andreaccio family
I am sorry about not giving more information. The Andreaccio 's are listed in the cenus living in Jersey City, NJ. The father's name is Tony and the mother name is Sade. I think they are American names. They have a daughter Margaret and son Dannie who were born in Italy. The next daughter is mary ...
- 04 Dec 2009, 18:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Andreaccio family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3813
Andreaccio family
I am trying to track down my wife's family when they arrived in the US. According, to the census they immegrated in 1898. But, I can not find them in the Ellis Island data base. I know there are mis-spellings but now where can I can anything close. Can anyone tell me if Andreaccio is a common name ...
- 24 Nov 2009, 12:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help to find relatives
- Replies: 15
- Views: 12573
Re: Need help to find relatives
Tessa78,
Thanks for the suggestion!!
Thanks for the suggestion!!
- 24 Nov 2009, 12:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How to get birth certificate for gggrandmother fr Cannalonga
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5540
Re: How to get birth certificate for gggrandmother fr Cannal
Peter,
Thank you for your input regarding how to get birth certificates. It was very diffficult to find the names (Potesta) in Ellis Island. Someone on this site pointed me to them. When the names were copied from the mainfest they tried their best but Potesta became Poutlo.
Thank you for your input regarding how to get birth certificates. It was very diffficult to find the names (Potesta) in Ellis Island. Someone on this site pointed me to them. When the names were copied from the mainfest they tried their best but Potesta became Poutlo.
- 23 Nov 2009, 23:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How to get birth certificate for gggrandmother fr Cannalonga
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5540
How to get birth certificate for gggrandmother fr Cannalonga
Hi,
I would like to get a copy of my wife's grandmother and also her great grandmother. I know the great-grandmother was born in Cannalonga and I am not sure of the grandmother. On the ship manifest it mention Novi Velia. So is it Cannalonga or Novi Velia?
Is there a specific address for these ...
I would like to get a copy of my wife's grandmother and also her great grandmother. I know the great-grandmother was born in Cannalonga and I am not sure of the grandmother. On the ship manifest it mention Novi Velia. So is it Cannalonga or Novi Velia?
Is there a specific address for these ...
- 23 Nov 2009, 01:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help to find relatives
- Replies: 15
- Views: 12573
Re: Need help to find relatives
I would like to thank VJ and Laura for this information on Potesta. Do you find the information in the Ellis Island web site? This is wonderful information that I can pass on to my wife. It looks like the children names and different from both mother and father. This is the second time I notice the ...
- 22 Nov 2009, 16:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help to find relatives
- Replies: 15
- Views: 12573
Re: Need help to find relatives
Laura,
Yes, that is the Lawrence in the Potesta family. His date matches with his SS Death Index birth date. So, now I have where he was born but not sure of the spelling. It looks like Cannalonga which is a part of Salerno.
Thaks for this information, I do not understand why it did not show up ...
Yes, that is the Lawrence in the Potesta family. His date matches with his SS Death Index birth date. So, now I have where he was born but not sure of the spelling. It looks like Cannalonga which is a part of Salerno.
Thaks for this information, I do not understand why it did not show up ...
- 22 Nov 2009, 16:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help to find relatives
- Replies: 15
- Views: 12573
Re: Need help to find relatives
Peter,
Yes, they are the people I am seaching for. As you can see it mention the Potesta ifamily except for father mmigarted in 1912.
Laura,
I am not sure how to use the site you posted.
Yes, they are the people I am seaching for. As you can see it mention the Potesta ifamily except for father mmigarted in 1912.
Laura,
I am not sure how to use the site you posted.