Search found 42 matches
- 12 Aug 2010, 01:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Death Certificate Question
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4943
Re: Death Certificate Question
I'm in a similar situation... and although I have not gone through the process yet... what I understand from reading this forum is that MOST of what is filled out on a US Death Certificate other than the Date and Cause of death is basically supplied by the next of kin... and they are mostly guessing ...
- 12 Aug 2010, 01:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
Re: change... my.... Name?
Okay... I am a moron! :oops: I just realized I am applying on my MOTHER'S SIDE... here's what the LA Consulate Website says...
IN ACCORDANCE TO ITALIAN LAW THE SON/DAUGHTER MAY NOT HAVE THE EXACT SAME FIRST NAME OF THE LIVING FATHER FROM WHOM HE/SHE DERIVES THE ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP . THE ITALIAN ...
IN ACCORDANCE TO ITALIAN LAW THE SON/DAUGHTER MAY NOT HAVE THE EXACT SAME FIRST NAME OF THE LIVING FATHER FROM WHOM HE/SHE DERIVES THE ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP . THE ITALIAN ...
- 03 Aug 2010, 15:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
Re: change... my.... Name?
Hey Carmine... all of my docs have the same Name,
Nicholas Eugene Caprio, Jr . - on all his docs my dad is
Nicholas Eugene Caprio.
I have been reading the comune website forums and there is quite a debate about JUNIOR and Roman numbers and such since in Italy the law is that you can only have ...
Nicholas Eugene Caprio, Jr . - on all his docs my dad is
Nicholas Eugene Caprio.
I have been reading the comune website forums and there is quite a debate about JUNIOR and Roman numbers and such since in Italy the law is that you can only have ...
- 03 Aug 2010, 07:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
Re: change... my.... Name?
Okay... I'm nervous about the name thing again...I have almost all of my documentation together... and the one sticking point is that I have the same name as my father... (I have to worry about SOMETHING - yesterday it was that my apostle UPS package was rerouted and delayed - It arrived today ...
- 01 Aug 2010, 15:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Divorce Decree
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2593
Re: Divorce Decree
Thanks for the Carmine.
I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult ...
I'm in exactly the same situation as Vittorio!! I don't know about you Vittorio but in my case It's a sensitive subject with my mom - and NJ is a difficult state to obtain a copy of a divorce decree. Everything else is fairly simple. That one document however is difficult ...
- 24 Jul 2010, 13:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17032
Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
Where is it? Is it in Manhattan?
- 24 Jul 2010, 04:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17032
Re: Proof of naturalization - these 3 docs enough?
Dumb question ... but where can you go to the NARA office? Can you make an appointment?
- 23 Jul 2010, 23:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New Birth Certificate in Italy
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3040
Re: New Birth Certificate in Italy
Okay... that is just plain cool!!
- 23 Jul 2010, 23:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New Birth Certificate in Italy
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3040
New Birth Certificate in Italy
Hey kids... I'm curious... how does it work when you're granted citizenship... Are you registered with the Comune of the town you're claiming citizenship through?
For example... if I'm going through my grandfather in Castellabate... and I was accepted through the consulate... would they create a ...
For example... if I'm going through my grandfather in Castellabate... and I was accepted through the consulate... would they create a ...
- 16 Jul 2010, 23:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
Re: change... my.... Name?
Carmine... I'm bringing you with me to my next appointment...
Actually ... I am going to get all of my paperwork in order... and THEN I am going to go in again... and just MAKE SURE... they need me to really do it...
Meanwhile... I start my first Italian Class on Wednesday!
Actually ... I am going to get all of my paperwork in order... and THEN I am going to go in again... and just MAKE SURE... they need me to really do it...
Meanwhile... I start my first Italian Class on Wednesday!
- 16 Jul 2010, 16:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
Re: change... my.... Name?
I know... It was my poor attempt at humor!Squigy wrote: As for Vittorio, he was the king, and if I'm not mistaken, at the time there was no law against it, but it wasn't done by the citizens.
- 16 Jul 2010, 04:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: change... my.... Name?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 15275
change... my.... Name?
Have y'all heard of this?
Italy doesn't recognize Roman Numerals or Suffixis like Jr. or Sr.... (which is funny because the last sovereign was the III) nor can any two men in a direct line have the same name...
So.. since my dad and I DO have the same name... ONE of us... would have to change ...
Italy doesn't recognize Roman Numerals or Suffixis like Jr. or Sr.... (which is funny because the last sovereign was the III) nor can any two men in a direct line have the same name...
So.. since my dad and I DO have the same name... ONE of us... would have to change ...
- 13 Jul 2010, 18:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Consulte
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3611
Re: Los Angeles Consulte
I had a really good meeting... but I'm still a long way off!!
Did you know that I have to CHANGE MY FIRST NAME... or my Father does... since Italy doesn't acknowledge Roman Numerals or Suffixes like Sr. and Jr. and there can't be two people in the same line with the same name... It can be a simple ...
Did you know that I have to CHANGE MY FIRST NAME... or my Father does... since Italy doesn't acknowledge Roman Numerals or Suffixes like Sr. and Jr. and there can't be two people in the same line with the same name... It can be a simple ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 14:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researchers
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2801
Re: Researchers
I'll be looking in both Connecticut and New Jersey.
- 12 Jul 2010, 06:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researchers
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2801
Researchers
Hey guys. Does anyone have the name (or names) of a good researcher? I need someone to help me find out some dates and places. For example, where and when my grandparents were married. I have a fairly good idea where. But no clue as to the correct date. Stuff like that.
Thanks
Thanks