Hey Everyone,
I have an appointment in September (NY) to apply/submit my documents for Italian citizenship through jus sanguinis. I believe I have all documents needed, but I wanted to confirm this with the consulate beforehand. Is there any way to do this? Is there a number I can call or email? I ...
Search found 10 matches
- 20 Jun 2012, 17:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Required documents
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1382
- 16 Sep 2011, 05:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about certificate records for Italian citizenship
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1019
Re: Question about certificate records for Italian citizensh
Thank you for the information 
- 15 Sep 2011, 23:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about certificate records for Italian citizenship
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1019
Question about certificate records for Italian citizenship
Hello,
I am apply for Italian citizenship through my great grandfather. I have access to all the documents, but a few I can only get copies of. For example, my great grandfathers son has his Naturalization and death certificate, but will only allow me to make a copy, he will not allow me to take ...
I am apply for Italian citizenship through my great grandfather. I have access to all the documents, but a few I can only get copies of. For example, my great grandfathers son has his Naturalization and death certificate, but will only allow me to make a copy, he will not allow me to take ...
- 22 Mar 2011, 02:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Have I received "official" documents?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 756
Have I received "official" documents?
Hello everyone,
I received my great grandmothers and great grandfathers birth certificates and marriage certificate from Italy. I am having a hard time knowing if they are "official" documents. The form is in various languages, including English, and the information (name, DOB, etc) is hand written ...
I received my great grandmothers and great grandfathers birth certificates and marriage certificate from Italy. I am having a hard time knowing if they are "official" documents. The form is in various languages, including English, and the information (name, DOB, etc) is hand written ...
- 02 Jan 2011, 06:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1358
Re: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
Question: Does anyone know if I can apply for Italian citizenship WITHOUT my great grandmother birth certificate? I am applying through my mother-grand father-great grand father. I pretty much have access to all the documents I need except my great grandmother birth certificate.
- 02 Jan 2011, 05:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1358
help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
Hi,
I have been trying to locate my great grandmothers birth certificate in Italy with no luck. She was a foster child, which is making things very difficult. Does anybody know how foster/adopted children where issued birth certificates in Italy? Is it possible that she was never issued one?
About ...
I have been trying to locate my great grandmothers birth certificate in Italy with no luck. She was a foster child, which is making things very difficult. Does anybody know how foster/adopted children where issued birth certificates in Italy? Is it possible that she was never issued one?
About ...
- 30 Sep 2010, 00:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5403
Re: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certifica
Thanks for your help!! That would be really cool if he was actually born in Italy when everyone thought he was born in America.
I would like to get Italian citizenship one day, so if my grandfather was actually born in Italy and became a nationalized citizen BEFORE my mother was born, that would ...
I would like to get Italian citizenship one day, so if my grandfather was actually born in Italy and became a nationalized citizen BEFORE my mother was born, that would ...
- 30 Sep 2010, 00:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5403
Re: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certifica
So does that mean Onofrio Russo, that was 2 at the time, is there son? That might be my grandfather, but his name is Nofrio Russo and was born in 1924 in america, supposedly.
- 30 Sep 2010, 00:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5403
Re: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certifica
Thank you so much! This helped a lot. Now I at least have a new starting point!! BTW, what website are you getting those images from? Thanks again!

- 29 Sep 2010, 22:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5403
obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
How would I go about obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate that was supposedly an orphan/adopted? Her maiden name was Giovanna Vestaglia. She had foster parents, last name Cali, but she's listed as "ignota" on all the documents that ask for her parents' name. We believe she was ...