Search found 147 matches

by bvbellomo
03 May 2023, 20:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with military record
Replies: 6
Views: 1356

Re: Help with military record

Copy 6:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vk500oifuoizdw6/F.M.%20Bellomo%20G.ppe%20_0026.jpg?dl=0
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/aricne06k17pq2y/F.M.%20Bellomo%20G.ppe%20_0027.jpg?dl=0

Copy 7:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4l7bhuaztbocajt/F.M.%20Bellomo%20G.ppe%20_0031.jpg?dl=0 ...
by bvbellomo
03 May 2023, 20:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with military record
Replies: 6
Views: 1356

Re: Help with military record

It looks like this is a list of places he was, and dates he was there. I have 7 documents like this, and I believe they all same the same thing. Maybe someone can read something on one of the others?

Copy 2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7lp86znm5bqpx3n/F.M.%20Bellomo%20G.ppe%20_0003.jpg?dl ...
by bvbellomo
20 Feb 2023, 09:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with military record
Replies: 6
Views: 1356

Help with military record

I just got a large set of documents on my great-grandfather. I wanted to start by asking for help with handwriting on the first page. The bottom looks like a set of a dates and a description. From other documents, it looks like he went missing in 1917, is that the last line? Does it say which battle ...
by bvbellomo
29 Dec 2022, 04:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 737

Re: Help with birth record

Thanks! This answers so many questions, but raises others. If he joined the army, what was he doing in Polizzi starting a family? Wouldn't he be in the North fighting the Austrians? Off topic for this forum, but any way for me to get his military records?
by bvbellomo
28 Dec 2022, 19:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 737

Help with birth record

Here is the birth record of my great-aunt Teresa Bellomo, daughter of Giuseppi and Pasquala Ferrara.

What I can read doesn't seem to fit with my records. Her father, Giuseppi, lived in Cleveland Ohio in 1910, and married his wife there in 1915 (marriage is in both Polizzi and Ohio records with ...
by bvbellomo
30 Jun 2020, 22:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Reveli
Replies: 4
Views: 2233

Re: Help with Reveli

Thanks. But does it give Tomasso's age, parents names, wife's name or children's names?

BTW - whether it is 8 tari or 8 grana - was that the total amount of tax owed on the house? Or the total appraised value of the house?
by bvbellomo
30 Jun 2020, 20:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Reveli
Replies: 4
Views: 2233

Re: Help with Reveli

Bumping because I never got an answer and am still trying to figure this out.
by bvbellomo
23 Jun 2020, 19:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with baptism
Replies: 3
Views: 1153

Re: help with baptism

Thank you so much!

Here is one more surname I can't figure out:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Polizzioggi+Polizzi+Generosa/Nati-Matrimoni+allegati/1845/83/007803487_00804.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0

Margarita was ...
by bvbellomo
23 Jun 2020, 16:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with baptism
Replies: 3
Views: 1153

help with baptism

I am searching for my Bellomo ancestors, and for 10 years have believed every Bellomo in Polizzi Generosa was descended from Emmanuel Bellomo, who arrived in the late 18th century from elsewhere.

Today, I found this looking for something else:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/gallery2/main ...
by bvbellomo
21 Jun 2020, 20:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Occupation Help
Replies: 6
Views: 2271

Re: Occupation Help

Thank you, but I wanted help with Giuseppe's death, not Antonino's.
by bvbellomo
21 Jun 2020, 20:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Occupation Help
Replies: 6
Views: 2271

Re: Occupation Help

Thanks, most likely not my family. I'd still appreciate a quick look at his death to see if it lists when or where he was born or his parents' names.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Petralia+Sottana/Matrimoni+processetti/1841 ...
by bvbellomo
21 Jun 2020, 19:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Occupation Help
Replies: 6
Views: 2271

Occupation Help

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Petralia+Sottana/Matrimoni+processetti/1841/90/007805809_00500.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0

Antonio was a Bracciale, a farm worker, but his father Giuseppe was a Maestro, however I cannot make ...
by bvbellomo
09 Jun 2020, 13:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin Baptism Help
Replies: 9
Views: 2718

Re: Latin Baptism Help

'Bellomo' is not an uncommon surname in Sicily, but it is uncommon in Polizzi, and less common in Caltanissetta as you go further back, and generally more in the South and East.

I appreciate your help. Knowing midwives were older and the Vincenzo mentioned was deceased is new information and ...
by bvbellomo
09 Jun 2020, 03:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin Baptism Help
Replies: 9
Views: 2718

Re: Latin Baptism Help

The man I am looking for has 'mro Vincenzo' and 'Carmela Ferrara' listed as his parents on his death record in Polizzi. His age is 77 on his 1839 death record, and 64 on his daughter's 1825 marriage, so 1761 between Feb and May if both ages are correct.

His oldest son was Domenico, same as his wife ...
by bvbellomo
08 Jun 2020, 23:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin Baptism Help
Replies: 9
Views: 2718

Re: Latin Baptism Help

I didn't know you could link directly that way - thanks!
BTW - is this the Godmother (3rd last)?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS8D-HQD4-F?i=1777&cat=727965


Thanks for the heads up on male vs female too - I've seen too many 'Nicola', 'Andrea' and 'Maria' to assume names ...