Hi, Angela-
Interesting reading - especially the link from Pippo on Dec 24, 2024. It's a bummer that the "Cantieri Nord" zone of the village appears to no longer have a church. Would like to know more about that...
The link stated that the village was traditionally divided into four zones—Cantieri ...
Search found 441 matches
- 23 Jul 2026, 19:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Domenico Cantieri Atto di Morte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1099
- 22 Jul 2026, 19:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Domenico Cantieri Atto di Morte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1099
Re: Domenico Cantieri Atto di Morte
Thanks, Angela. Am also curious about the “place known as Cantieri” reference. Do you think this was simply a reference to what amounts to a (generic) address? Or maybe is as to a larger locale?
Mark
Mark
- 22 Jul 2026, 03:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Domenico Cantieri Atto di Morte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1099
Domenico Cantieri Atto di Morte
Hello, Forum-
Wondering about any finer points as to the translation of this one. Is the record on the lower part of this page...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua19944486/wRQrMde?lang=en
Looks like this is the gist:
17 Month of November, Civil registrar of the Verciano section ...
Wondering about any finer points as to the translation of this one. Is the record on the lower part of this page...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua19944486/wRQrMde?lang=en
Looks like this is the gist:
17 Month of November, Civil registrar of the Verciano section ...
- 21 May 2026, 20:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2439
Re: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
Here's the Birth Record for Rosa Savinelli. Born 25 May 1856 and baptized the next day in, I believe, the parish of Santa Annunziata. But I defer to EXPERTS like mmogno for interpretation of that. :D
Parents were Carlo (di living Francesco), age 40 and Margarita Barisciano (sp.), age 37.
https ...
Parents were Carlo (di living Francesco), age 40 and Margarita Barisciano (sp.), age 37.
https ...
- 21 May 2026, 20:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2439
Re: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
Here's the Birth Record for Genaro di Nuzzo. Born, I believe, 20 Sep 1850 and baptized on the 24th. His parents are Nicola di Nuzzo (age 26) and Elisabetta Termieri (sp.?) (age 25). As indicated (suggested) by mmogno above, the baptism took place in Montedicoro (in that parish).
https://antenati ...
https://antenati ...
- 21 May 2026, 18:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2439
Re: Finding my Grandparents home, Church, relatives
Here's Gennaro and Rosa's Atti di Matrimonio from 9 Dec 1876. Record No. 170...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M97V-D94
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M97V-D94
- 10 May 2026, 02:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with a Search in Family Search
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3559
Re: Need help with a Search in Family Search
Parker-
I've received soooooooo much incredible help from sooooooo many great folks here over the last decade-plus. I'm very happy I could help you here, if only a smidgeon.
Good luck with your ongoing research...
Mark
[p.s. - props to Farassino as well...)
I've received soooooooo much incredible help from sooooooo many great folks here over the last decade-plus. I'm very happy I could help you here, if only a smidgeon.
Good luck with your ongoing research...
Mark
[p.s. - props to Farassino as well...)
- 09 May 2026, 17:11
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Good Movies
- Replies: 1
- Views: 17725
Re: Good Movies
Just did a quick Google Search and it seems like "The Hand of God" (2021) is a pretty good bet...
- 06 May 2026, 02:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Taddeo and Cudia (last names)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4706
Re: Looking for Taddeo and Cudia (last names)
I don't see a Giovanni Taddeo born in 1866 in the indici decennali...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 95/037BByd
In the year 1866, there's a Girolamo (di Francesco) and Antonino (di Giovanni)...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 95/037BByd
In the year 1866, there's a Girolamo (di Francesco) and Antonino (di Giovanni)...
- 19 Apr 2026, 04:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with a Search in Family Search
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3559
Re: Need help with a Search in Family Search
Hi, Parker-
You have helped me a time or two before, so I hope this returns the favor. I think (hope) this is the link you're looking for...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M9MK-328
Mark
You have helped me a time or two before, so I hope this returns the favor. I think (hope) this is the link you're looking for...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... d=M9MK-328
Mark
- 17 Mar 2026, 06:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6746
Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
Grazie mille, Erudita!
Mark
Mark
- 17 Mar 2026, 06:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: re: atti di nascita di stefano fina aka stefano difina
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2509
Re: re: atti di nascita di stefano fina aka stefano difina
And courtesy of Farassino, that's your clue right there. Record No. 400, that is. The "4" in that number pretty much looks exactly like the "4" in "43" (... Salvatore Fina, di anni 43...".
- 16 Mar 2026, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6746
Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
Hello, Erudita. Always happy to hear from you!
Thank you for your input!!!
Mark
Thank you for your input!!!
Mark
- 15 Mar 2026, 16:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6746
Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
Thanks, mmogno. Can you tell me who you think Carmela's parents were? Rocco Morina and Maria ____?
- 15 Mar 2026, 06:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6746
Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
Hello, Forum-
Revisiting this (distant) past posting. I have a hunch that the last name of Nicolina Bonanno's mother MIGHT be "Morina"...
I've also been looking in Soccorso - a hamlet just to the northwest of Santa Lucia del Mela - as well as Gualtieri Sicamino - also just to the north of Santa ...
Revisiting this (distant) past posting. I have a hunch that the last name of Nicolina Bonanno's mother MIGHT be "Morina"...
I've also been looking in Soccorso - a hamlet just to the northwest of Santa Lucia del Mela - as well as Gualtieri Sicamino - also just to the north of Santa ...