OK - I am submitting jure sanguinis through Father-Grandfather
ON my father's (Louis) BC, his father's first name is incorrect - listed as Joseph instead of Sam (or Saverio).
I have multiple other documents supporting that the father of Louis is Saverio or Sam. That BC is the only place where ...
Search found 12 matches
- 11 Jun 2019, 09:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: First Name Discrepancy on B.C.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1650
- 29 Aug 2018, 09:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info on Femia family - Reggio Calabria
- Replies: 1
- Views: 839
Looking for family info on Femia family - Reggio Calabria
Hello, I am looking for information on family members that may still be in Italy. Grandfather was Saverio Femia, born 1897 to Giuseppe Femia and Carmela Fuda in Portigliola.
- 28 Mar 2017, 16:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: USCIS forms
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2532
Re: USCIS forms
I actually poked around more and found what I needed (the form, that is). The form itself is also pretty wordy and hard to navigate. I got my C-file info back quicker than the 120 days - maybe 2 months? I am now prepping to send my request - I'll take all the good luck I can get! Thanks!
- 20 Mar 2017, 19:37
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How long should I wait?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3072
Re: How long should I wait?
If there is a college with a strong language program near you, perhaps there is a professor or even a grad student who might take a crack at it for less than a translator might charge? Or maybe an Italian language school? Just a thought...
- 19 Mar 2017, 16:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: USCIS forms
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2532
USCIS forms
Hello. Does anyone have specific info on which form(s) I need to file to request a copy of my grandfather's naturalization information? I got a response from the USCIS with C-File info, but the site is hard to navigate (in my opinion). If anyone has done this recently and remembers which form is ...
- 06 Mar 2017, 22:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for passenger list info - Femia 1913
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1304
Re: Looking for passenger list info - Femia 1913
Thanks so much!
- 06 Mar 2017, 17:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for passenger list info - Femia 1913
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1304
Looking for passenger list info - Femia 1913
Hello. I am trying to track down passenger list/manifest info for my grandfather. Saverio (Sam) Femia, sailed from Naples to Philadelphia, arrived Sept 28, 1913 on the SS America.
Thanks to anyone in advance who can help.
Thanks to anyone in advance who can help.
- 25 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for any Femia families in Portigliola
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2623
Looking for any Femia families in Portigliola
Hello! I am in the process of researching my grandfather and ancestors. He was born in Portigliola, and I am hoping to find evidence or traces of any other family in that area. The last name is Femia. His name was Saverio, and his father was Guiseppe Femia and his mother was Carmela Fuda. He was ...
- 25 Jan 2017, 16:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: TRANSLATION NEEDED - FEMIA BIRTH RECORD
- Replies: 3
- Views: 979
Re: TRANSLATION NEEDED - FEMIA BIRTH RECORD
Thanks for the quick replies - very helpful.
Mark
Mark
- 24 Jan 2017, 22:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: TRANSLATION NEEDED - FEMIA BIRTH RECORD
- Replies: 3
- Views: 979
TRANSLATION NEEDED - FEMIA BIRTH RECORD
Hello - I am looking for a translation of the following. It's entry #3, lower right. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
- 16 Nov 2016, 20:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Femia family info
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1198
Looking for Femia family info
I am looking for info on my grandfather, Sam (Samuele?) Femia, born to Guiseppe Femia and Carmela Fuda in January 1897, possibly in Locri (Gerace Marina). Interested in family info, birth records, etc.
- 15 Nov 2016, 19:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family info
- Replies: 1
- Views: 912
Looking for family info
I am searching for information on my family, specifically my grandfather. His name was Sam Femia (maybe Samuele?). I am told he was born in 1897, in Locri, Calabria. His father's name, I am told, was Guiseppe and his mother's name was Carmela. I am beginning my search in order to obtain dual Italian ...