Search found 6 matches
- 15 Jul 2017, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ideas for finding lost marriage records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1668
Re: Ideas for finding lost marriage records
I thought maybe Calogero his child married in Italy. Did he have other kids marry in Italy they would have info if they did on his marriage record. Sometimes the couple gets married church and years later get married civil Check the towns of Campofelice and Valledomo for the civil marriage ...
- 11 Jul 2017, 00:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ideas for finding lost marriage records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1668
Re: Ideas for finding lost marriage records
Hi Marty,
I'm really impressed you found that marriage bann so fast. Look me quite a while to find it!
Antonia Latone was born in Campofelice 9/9/1864 and Loreto Runfola was born in Valledomo 6/3/1860 and ancestry.com has 1886 marriage records of Villalba didn't see a marriage record on there if ...
I'm really impressed you found that marriage bann so fast. Look me quite a while to find it!
Antonia Latone was born in Campofelice 9/9/1864 and Loreto Runfola was born in Valledomo 6/3/1860 and ancestry.com has 1886 marriage records of Villalba didn't see a marriage record on there if ...
- 09 Jul 2017, 01:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stuck, Can't find marriage record
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17735
Re: Stuck, Can't find marriage record
I have had the experience of asking state and local governments for different civil records, and getting a 'no record found', but then asking again later, and actually finding what I wanted! It really matters who you ask, so keep at it.
- 08 Jul 2017, 23:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ideas for finding lost marriage records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1668
Ideas for finding lost marriage records
I am looking for the marriage record of my great great grandparents who lived in Villalba, Caltanissetta in 1886. They were Loreto Runfola and Antonina LaTone.
This was the year that they had their first child, in January 1886. But surprise!--they weren't married yet! :oops:
I found the church ...
This was the year that they had their first child, in January 1886. But surprise!--they weren't married yet! :oops:
I found the church ...
- 08 Jul 2017, 22:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stefano Macchia
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1572
Re: Stefano Macchia
I did a search for catholic parishes there. I think the St. Nicholas church is the main church there.
If you write to them, they may be able to help you.
St. Nicholas church
Largo Chiesa Madre
Toritto, Basilicata 70020 Italy
If you write to them, they may be able to help you.
St. Nicholas church
Largo Chiesa Madre
Toritto, Basilicata 70020 Italy
- 08 Jul 2017, 22:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stuck, Can't find marriage record
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17735
Re: Stuck, Can't find marriage record
You mention that you have copies of your immigrating ancestors birth records from Italy, correct?
Do you have official extracts of these births sent from the comunes? These will sometimes have annotations, indicating marriage status. If there are no annotations, then perhaps you are right, that the ...
Do you have official extracts of these births sent from the comunes? These will sometimes have annotations, indicating marriage status. If there are no annotations, then perhaps you are right, that the ...