This was the year that they had their first child, in January 1886. But surprise!--they weren't married yet!
I found the church marriage banns from September 1886, stating that the couple had caused a scandal, and would be married before the end of the year. But I am having difficulty finding either a church or civil record of that oh-so-important marriage.
The parish of St. Joseph in Villalba says that their records from before 1891 are missing (I have only seen the banns digitally on FamilySearch-- and FamilySearch does NOT have church marriage certificate scans, only marriage 'allegati').
Likewise, the Comune does not find a record of a civil marriage for the year of 1886. And looking through FamilySearch scans also yielded nothing.
I have the extract of the groom's birth record, but there appear to have been no 'annotations' (notes on the birth record, which were added later, and note marriage status, etc.)
I am requesting a look at the bride's birth record, for annotations, as well as writing her home commune Church to ask them if they have anything-- but seems like a long shot.
Any ideas about where I could find Church marriage records for Villalba from 1886?

