Hi Jason!
Just finished sending you an email. Let's keep in contact!!
That's great that you got to meet some relatives. Do you speak Italian? You had stated you met Sabatino and I would assume by his age that he wouldn't have spoken English, LOL. That's the greatest barrier for me. It's ...
Search found 6 matches
- 06 Sep 2018, 08:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Valente family of San Biagio Saracinisco
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1842
- 15 Apr 2018, 19:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2139
Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)
You're the best! I could not figure out what name she was going by (kept trying versions of Ann/Anna, etc.). I never thought of Nancy. Thanks!!
- 15 Apr 2018, 17:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2139
Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)
I'm looking for info on Annuziata Valente. She was born approx. 1902 in Italy and the family migrated to the Detroit, Michigan area. I can find her on the ship manifest, and also the 1910 census in Michigan, and the 1920 census with the family in California. After that, I lose her. She's my great ...
- 28 Aug 2017, 07:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cafolla Family
- Replies: 14
- Views: 9126
Re: Cafolla Family
I am also researching the Italian side of my family. My great-great-grandmother was Lucia Marsela (Marcella, etc., spelled differently every time I find it, LOL). On her death certificate, it has no first names for parents, just last names. It shows father's last name as: Marcella and mother's last ...
- 26 Aug 2017, 16:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Valente family of San Biagio Saracinisco
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1842
Re: Searching for Valente family of San Biagio Saracinisco
Thanks! I drove there today and walked around the town. I didn't attempt to speak to anyone (I don't speak Italian), but I plan on going back with someone who can translate for me. I will then try to chat with some people. There are still some Valente's living there, so hopefully, someone will be ...
- 24 Aug 2017, 19:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Valente family of San Biagio Saracinisco
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1842
Searching for Valente family of San Biagio Saracinisco
Would appreciate any help at all, or to find more relatives!
My grandmother was Dorothy Anna Marie Catherine Valente, born 1914 in Detroit.
Her parents were Camillo Valente (b. 1883 in San Biagio d.1960 in California) and Francesca Persichini (b. 1893 d. 1918 in Detroit, MI). His parents, I ...
My grandmother was Dorothy Anna Marie Catherine Valente, born 1914 in Detroit.
Her parents were Camillo Valente (b. 1883 in San Biagio d.1960 in California) and Francesca Persichini (b. 1893 d. 1918 in Detroit, MI). His parents, I ...