I qualify for jure sanguinis through GGF-GM-M. However, my GGF used many, many variations of his name on official documents:
Italian birth record (1896): Giuseppe Nicola Falco
Marriage license (Kootenai County, ID; 1924): Joe N. Falco
My Grandmother's Birth Certificate (1927): Joseph Falco ...
Search found 8 matches
- 28 May 2018, 21:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Multiple variations of a name...what to do?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1422
- 03 Apr 2018, 16:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Prepaid return postage from Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11765
Re: Prepaid return postage from Italy
In case anybody runs into this question again, I am posting what I ended up doing. Following Rossonero's advice, I sent a written request to my comune requesting a copy of the birth certificate along with a letter, a return envelope with my address, copy of my photo identification, and 15 euros. I ...
- 14 Mar 2018, 15:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Prepaid return postage from Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11765
Prepaid return postage from Italy
Hi, all:
You have been incredibly helpful with my questions so far, so I come to you with another. I contacted via email the comune where my great-grandfather was born (Bari, Ceglie del Campo delegazione) and asked if they could send a certified copy of my great-grandfather's birth certificate. I ...
You have been incredibly helpful with my questions so far, so I come to you with another. I contacted via email the comune where my great-grandfather was born (Bari, Ceglie del Campo delegazione) and asked if they could send a certified copy of my great-grandfather's birth certificate. I ...
- 09 Mar 2018, 17:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How important is the non-immigrant spouse's birth certificate?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1881
Re: How important is the non-immigrant spouse's birth certificate?
That makes sense--thanks for the info. I have contacted all of the agencies that could have vital records for my great grandmother and they do not have a birth certificate. She was, however, married before my great grandfather and had one child who my great grandfather "adopted" (I don't think there ...
- 09 Mar 2018, 01:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How important is the non-immigrant spouse's birth certificate?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1881
How important is the non-immigrant spouse's birth certificate?
I believe I am eligible for citizenship jus sanguinis based on my Great Grandfather's birth in Italy in 1894. As part of the paperwork that the consulate requires, I must provide a birth certificate for the American woman my GGF married after he came to the USA. However, that woman, my Great ...
- 26 Feb 2018, 00:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1436
Re: Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
Thank you so much!
- 23 Feb 2018, 00:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1436
Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
I hopped on the Chicago consulate's website today and saw that they had some appointments available, so I grabbed one since I don't know when future batches of appointments will be released--I am confirmed for April 29, 2019.
Most of my relevant documents for the citizenship appointment come from ...
Most of my relevant documents for the citizenship appointment come from ...
- 16 Feb 2018, 15:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jus Sanguinis through maternal side
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1064
Jus Sanguinis through maternal side
I submitted this yesterday, but I am resubmitting because I am not sure if it went through. Apologize if this is a double post.
I have been researching the issue and believe I qualify for citizenship, however I would love to hear from the panel of experts on here as to all of your thoughts. Here ...
I have been researching the issue and believe I qualify for citizenship, however I would love to hear from the panel of experts on here as to all of your thoughts. Here ...