I believe this document contains information about my great grandmother who was a foundling and then was adopted by the Toscano Family. However, at the bottom, it also mentions my great grandfather so I'm wondering if it contains more information than I originally thought.
Would anyone be able to ...
Search found 12 matches
- 13 Jun 2020, 02:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Adoption related document?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 390
- 04 Feb 2020, 03:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 777
Re: Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
Hmm. I thought they married young but now that you say that, it would have been pretty young.
Anyhow, I did locate a census that mentioned Rosario and Victoria and it indicates he was 53 at the time and estimates his birth year around 1857. So I guess its back to the drawing board since I'm not ...
Anyhow, I did locate a census that mentioned Rosario and Victoria and it indicates he was 53 at the time and estimates his birth year around 1857. So I guess its back to the drawing board since I'm not ...
- 03 Feb 2020, 22:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Great Grandmother a foundling. Used different names in the US
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2014
Re: Great Grandmother a foundling. Used different names in the US
The name on the ship manifest was usually taken from the travel document issued by the Comune which would indicate that she was registered with that name in the town office.
There is a document you can get from the town that will confirm these are the same person.
Do you happen to know what ...
- 03 Feb 2020, 22:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 777
Help locating a birth certificate for Bauso in Sicily
I am currently working on getting birth records for family members who were born in Italy. I have successfully located most of them, at least online. However, I am stumped on one.
My great grandfather had a second wife. Her name was Victoria Tomasello. Her father was Rosaio Tomasello and her mother ...
My great grandfather had a second wife. Her name was Victoria Tomasello. Her father was Rosaio Tomasello and her mother ...
- 13 Dec 2019, 17:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Certificate Information
- Replies: 4
- Views: 818
Re: Marriage Certificate Information
Great. Thank you so much. This is consistent with Cristina DeLuca being an orphan.
Was is the posting of the banns of marriage? Was that like applying for a marriage license?
Was is the posting of the banns of marriage? Was that like applying for a marriage license?
- 13 Dec 2019, 13:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage Certificate Information
- Replies: 4
- Views: 818
Marriage Certificate Information
Thanks to everyone's help with the birth certificate I believe I have found my GGF/GGM's marriage.
The attached certificate is for Vincenzo Panico & Cristina Deluca (spelled Lucia). I know his parents are listed at Giovanna & Carmine (which matches the names of the first children of Vincenzo ...
The attached certificate is for Vincenzo Panico & Cristina Deluca (spelled Lucia). I know his parents are listed at Giovanna & Carmine (which matches the names of the first children of Vincenzo ...
- 10 Dec 2019, 21:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record for Cristina DeLuca
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1287
Re: Birth Record for Cristina DeLuca
Thanks everyone. This information is so sad but having the name of an orphanage that might have records could be very helpful.
Thank you for the assistance.
Thank you for the assistance.
- 09 Dec 2019, 00:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1074
Re: Birth Certificate Translation
Wow, that is so sad. Thank you for the citaion. I will look and see if they have any records.
- 08 Dec 2019, 15:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1074
Re: Birth Certificate Translation
Anyone? Just trying to figure out if this document said where she went after she was born? Orphange? Another town?
- 04 Dec 2019, 14:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record for Cristina DeLuca
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1287
Birth Record for Cristina DeLuca
Buona Giornata,
My Great Grandmother Cristina DeLuca was a foundling born in 1886 in Pozzuoli. I am trying to figure out if her birth record indicates where she went after she was born? If anyone could help me read the portion at the bottom of the birth record?
My Great Grandmother Cristina DeLuca was a foundling born in 1886 in Pozzuoli. I am trying to figure out if her birth record indicates where she went after she was born? If anyone could help me read the portion at the bottom of the birth record?
- 03 Dec 2019, 21:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Great Grandmother a foundling. Used different names in the US
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2014
Great Grandmother a foundling. Used different names in the US
Hello all. My name is Carren. I am Italian on both sides. I recently started to research my family with the intention of establishing dual citizenship with the US & Italy. However, I hit a snag and now have a question.
My great grandparents were born in Italy. My great grandmother was a foundling ...
My great grandparents were born in Italy. My great grandmother was a foundling ...
- 03 Dec 2019, 21:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Certificate Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1074
Birth Certificate Translation
Hello Everyone,
I am new here. I was referred by a facebook group.
I am in the process of tracking down my ancestors. I reached a little snag with my great grandmother. I was told by family that she was adopted but then I was told that adoption didn't exist in Italy in 1886 when she was born.
I ...
I am new here. I was referred by a facebook group.
I am in the process of tracking down my ancestors. I reached a little snag with my great grandmother. I was told by family that she was adopted but then I was told that adoption didn't exist in Italy in 1886 when she was born.
I ...