I have never tried to get info from this type of record... but from what I have read, there's lot of other info that can be verified.
so... I'd like to wager $3.00 and say she was married in 1914...
... and still keep looking for info... as well...
I think I will visit their hometown soon and start requesting copies of records. I will post what I find.VaDeb wrote:Hi,
I have sent for several Social Security applications from 1937 and 1941. I had the name and SS# from the SS index on roots web and used the request letter generated by the web site.
Items on card:
Name: First and Last
Current address
Name of father
Name of mother
Name and address of employer
Age at last birthday
Date of birth
Place of birth (both listed Italy, no other detail)
Sex
Color
Date you became an employee
Have you filled out a card like this before
Date signed
Signature
Hope this helps you decide if its worth sending for.
Debbie
mfjpHe arrived in 1911 on the San Giorgio, age 42. Must have returned and then arrived again in 1912 on the San Guglielmo. He went to Fayette, NY. His wife was Antonio Drago and she remained in Italy until 1921 when she arrived on the ship Caserta, at the age of 50.
