Antonio Soro born about 1885-1886

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Soro born about 1885-1886

Post by PippoM »

Page 2 is not so important, and I think you could understand the meaning

[quote="Lutherman"]

[page 1, column 2]

L'anno mille ottocento cinquantaquattro il di quattro del mese di settembre il Parroco di "Santi Giuseppe e Cristoforo" ci ha restituito il notamento, che Noi gli abbiamo rimesso nel giorno diciassette del mese di Agosto del controscritto atto di nascita,in pie del quale ha indicato, che il Sacramento del Battesimo è stato amministrato alla controscritta Anna a diciassette Agosto corrente Anno. In vista di tal notamento, dopo averle cifrato, abbiamo disposto di conservarsi nel volume de documenti, ai foglio duecento novantotto --

Abbiamo inoltre accusato al Parroco anzidetto la ricezione del medesimo, ed abbiamo formato il presento Atto, che è stato inscritto ne due registri, in margine del corrispondente Atto di Nascita, ed indi lo abbiamo firmato.

TRANSLATION PAGE 1 COLUMN 2:

The year one thousand eight hundred fifty-four on the 4th of September the parish of "Santi Giuseppi a Cristoporo" has given us the notation, that we have put in the seventeenth day of the month of August of this birth certificate,

at the foot of which indicated that the Sacrament of Baptism was administered to Anna on August 17 has undersigned current year. In view of this notation, after signing it, we have arranged to keep in the volume of documents, in the folio two hundred ninety-eight --

[

This 19th century bureaucratic Italian is untranslatable..."Controscritto" means "on the side" when said about the document, and "the person the document refers to" when said about the baby.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

Good work, Pippo, thanks so much. This was my first birth record in this format so I will be able to use this as a model for future efforts. Thanks for finding my mistakes.
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

Good news! I have found the names of Antonio Soro's maternal grandparents. I have also proven (90% certain) that the Antonio buried in Sydney is him, because the parents of the Antonio buried in Sydney have almost the same names as the parents of our Antonio's sister Elena d'Albora.

The source also turns out to be the primary source that our previously used hints came from, which I had found on ancientfaces.com.

The primary source can be downloaded from archive.org. I have a slow connection so I had to first install torrent software and then downloaded the torrent version. Then the file was so big that I had to get EmEditor to open, read, and search it. This editor is free for 30 days. Here are the links in case anyone would want these three huge files, which are indexes to Victoria, Australia births, deaths, and marriages.

https://archive.org/details/AustraliaVi ... lIndex_104
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm
https://www.emeditor.com/download

Now I have a primary source for all the previous info that had been found at ancientfaces.com and a lot more that we didn't have before due to misspellings. I already searched dalbo, albor, soro, sora, sanna. Here are the results. The commas are important. Paste these lines into MS Word, highlight each block of lines separately, and convert text to table using the table menu.

Mrs Soro is called Maria Sanna (born 1854) in the passenger list when she arrived from Italy with Antonio her son in 1909. In the index listing her 1928 death she is called Maria Elizabeth Soro (born 1850), and her parents are Salvatore Sanna and Johanna Caso. These are Antonio and Elena's maternal grandparents. My online newspaper source unfortunately doesn't have a death notice since the Ballarat papers aren't available for 1928. In the death index from Sydney where Antonio is buried, his parents are called Giovanni and Maria Catherine. This Antonio lived in Newtown, New South Wales, where some of the d'Alboras also lived. In Antonio's sister Elena d'Albora's death index, her parents are called Giovanni Sanna and Maria. She probably stopped using the name "Soro" after the murder since her brother had ruined the family name.

In my opinion, Soro's mother is Maria Elizabeth Catherine Sanna, but I might be combining two people! But in the National Archives, one of the investigations about Anthony Soro is dated 1928, and the other is dated 1927-1929. So he might have gotten back into the country undetected until somone saw him at his mother's funeral and reported him. It makes sense that he would have attended his mother's funeral even if he had been in hiding since his arrival in 1921.

If I don't get the quote from National Archives within a week, I will have to request the files directly and promise to pay for them, or they will not bother to count the pages or look to see what is on them.

Here are the BMD index lines, which can be converted to tables:

DEATHS

indexes for historical Victorian Births/Marriages/Deaths (Australia) stored as CSV data
deaths 1836-1985

year, registration number, gender, surname, first names, father, mother, death place, age, other information
1902, 00905, , Dalbora, Rosina, Guiffre Bastolo, Delweo Robino, Carl W H, 40,
1928,08547,,Sora,Maria Elizabeth,Sanna Salvatore,Caso Johanna,Ballarat,78,
1929,15157,,Sanna,Angelo,Pietro,Murtas Grieca,Melbourne East,33,
1932, 03430, , Alborn, Nunziata, Russo Pietro, Taranto Concetto, Northcote, 54,
1932, 03430, , Dalbora, Nunziata, Russo Bietro, Taranto Concetto, Northcote, 54,
1935, 03462, , Albora, Alfonzo D, Albora Bartolo D, Russo Rosa, Fitzroy, 76,
1935, 03462, , Dalbora, Alfonzo, Dalbora Bartolo, Russo Rosa, Fitzroy, 76,
1935,10546,,Lauricella,Josine,Dalbora Joseph,Longo Josine,Kew,69,
1950,01527,,Dalbora,Giuseppe,Alphonso,Quffre Rosina,Parkville,60,
1950,06504,,Dalterio,Nancy,Dalbora Alfonso,Jefferies Rosa,B Rock,62,
1952,04092,,Albora,Grazia D,Russo Giuseppe,Taranto Angela,Bton,73,
1952,04092,,Allora,Grazia D,Russo Giuseppe,Taranto Angela,Bton,0,
1952,04092,,Dalbora,Grazia,Russo Giuseppe,Tarnato Angela,Bton,73,
1952,04092,,Dallora,Grazia,Russo Giuseppe,Taranto Angela,Bton,73,
1956,05146,,Albora,Elena Elizabeth,Sanna Giovanni,Maria,Melbourne,75,
1956,05146,,Dalbora,Elena Elizabeth,Sanna Giovanni,Maria,Melbourne,75,
1958,06326,,Albora,Bartolo,Dalbora Bartol,Taranto Francesca,Brighton,85,
1958,06326,,Dalbora,Bartolo,Bartolo,Taranto Francesca,Brighton,85,
1960,08079,,Sanna,Martha,Latinovits Vin,Balint Mary,Kew,86,
1961,20524,,Oppes,Giovanna Antonia,Saccu Antonio,Sanna Michela,Melbourne,56,
1962,09288,,Albora,Hilda Barbara,Mitchison Davi,Davidson Mary Ann,Kew,73,
1962,09288,,Dalbora,Hilda Barbara,Mitchison Davi,Davidson Mary Ann,Kew,73,
1962,19487,,Sanna,Raymondo,Pasquale,Giove Rosa,Orbo,0,
1963,06004,,Albora,Cesare Pasquale,Giuseppe,Liguori Anna,Melbourne,83,
1963,06004,,Dalbora,Cesare Pasquale,Giuseppe,Liguori Anna,Melbourne,83,
1966,11982,,Taranto,Bartolomeo,Gaetano,Dalbara Francesca,Brighton,53,
1968,00466,,Sanna,Giuseppe,Sanna Germano,Picana Rosaria,Melbourne,48,
1968,24248,,Taranto,Maria Francesca,Dalbero Bartol,Maria,Fitzroy,84,
1970,16154,,Murone,Teresena,Gueressi Vince,Sanna Francesca,Robi,76,
1973,00023,,Valastro,Stella Mary Jose,Lauricella Fel,Dalbora Giuseppina,Morn,65,
1973,07510,,Albora,Gwendoline Mary,Trott Robert,Thomas Gwendoline,Kew,49,
1973,07510,,Dalbora,Gwendoline Mary,Trott Robert,Thomas Gwendoline,Kew,49,
1977,06071,,Mirabella,Michelina,Delogu Narciso,Sanna Maurizia,Blac,48,
1981,02552,,Taranto,Maria Francesca,Dalbora Bartol,Grazia,Caulfield,80,
1982,26102,,Sanna,Domenico,Giuseppe,Lucia,Melbourne,63,

BIRTHS

indexes for historical Victorian Births/Marriages/Deaths (Australia) stored as CSV data
births 1836-1920

year, registration number, gender, surname, first names, father, mother, birth place, other information
1900,11315,M,Picone,Jack,Domenico,Dalbora Maria Concetta,Geelong,
1903,15103,F,Lauricella,Stella Maria Giosepp,Felix,Dialbora Gioseppina,Ballarat,
1909,16005,M,Dalbora,Jack Earnest,Cesare,Soro Ellena,Ballarat,
1910,16379,F,Dalbora,Annina Concetta,Ernesto,Cuocolo Elvira,Ballarat,
1912,08814,F,Dalbora,Anna Maria Elisabetta,Cesare,Soro Elena,Ballarat East,
1915,25809,,Dalterio,Luigi,Michael,Dalboria Nancy,St Kilda,
1917,26823,,Parr,Bessie Martha,John,Dalborne Rose,Bwk N,

MARRIAGES

marriages 1836-1942

year, registration number, gender, surname, first names, spouse surname, spouse first names, marriage place, other information,
1912,04199,,Dalbora,Nancy,Dalterio,Domenico,Lipari,
1912,04199,,Dalterio,Dominico,Dalbora,Nancy,Italy,
1940,14080,,Albona,Joseph Rinaldo,Fent,Felecitas Elizabeth,,
1940,14080,,Dalbona,Joseph Rinaldo,Fent,Felicitas Elizabeth Nora,,
1940,14080,,Fent,Felecitas Elizabeth,Dalbona,Joseph Rinaldo,,
1940,14080,,Fent,Felicitas Elizabeth Nora,Albona,Joseph Rinaldo,,
1940,14080,,Fent,Felicitas Elizabeth Nora,Dalbona,Joseph Rinaldo,,
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

Progress.

Researchers at the National Archives of Australia are looking at files in five different cities. I have just heard back from one of these cities.

In 1927 an article appeared in a men's magazine, Smith's Weekly, suggesting that Antonio Soro had returned to Australia in 1922 and then gone back to Italy. There was an investigation in 1928 to learn if this was true, and also the file states that Soro might have come back to Australia again during the shipping strike of 1927. The investigation found no trace of him in passport records or records of Italian immigrants. So the investigation was incomplete, or he used a fake passport or took an undocumented ship or stowed away, or the magazine article was wrong, which I doubt.

This all makes sense since we know an Antonio Soro entered the country in late 1921 and we know that his mother died in Ballarat in 1928.

I will wait for all results to come in before I buy any file copies, but have already requested the Smith's Weekly article from the National Library of South Australia.

Eventually I expect to find his city of origin in these files as well as a number of dates to search for Italian shipping records if there are any passenger lists available there.

Thanks everybody.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks for update... you know if Antonio Soro was married??
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

I have heard no hint of a marriage so far but will let you know if I do. His grave is not adjacent to anyone else named Soro and he's the only Soro in the whole cemetery, so it seems he might have remained a bachelor. This makes sense under the circumstances.

He or someone with the same name had a house fire in New South Wales, Australia in 1938. This person also appeared to be unmarried as no family was mentioned. It said the fire took place "while he was away" not "while he and his family were away". He is buried in New South Wales in a suburb of Sydney.

Today the library informed me that they do have the Smith's Weekly article on microfilm. The title is "Deported Murderer Back in Australia", dated December 31, 1927, pages 1 and 2. Unfortunately everyone is trying to get rich doing genealogy and the price for the two scans is very high, but I am putting it on my list and will try to buy everything at once next time someone makes a donation to my website.

When I was young, libraries would mail you a photocopied article almost for free, but things have changed.

I am still expecting to hear back from the National Archives regarding six more files.
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

I have heard back from the Sydney branch of the National Archives regarding three more of the files. Still waiting to hear about the last three, which are in three different cities I believe.

I will have to buy these files for all the details. Hopefully his Alien Registration will have a city of birth.

Glebe is a neighborhood within Sydney. It's one-half mile from Newtown where he was living when he died. All the residences listed below are in Sydney or very close to it. However, the "Anthony Soro" who had a house fire in 1938 lived in Aberdare, 75 miles north of Sydney. Straight east of Aberdare, less than 20 miles, is a possible descendant of Soro's employer BHP Newcastle in a steel milling area of the city Newcastle.

From shipping records we know he arrived in Melbourne in Feb. 1909. Remember that when he returned after the war, he was sneaking into the country incognito. So I think the date "June 18" should be ignored wherever it occurs, he was giving false dates hoping he wouldn't be linked to his former life. Or else he just didn't know the real dates and was guessing. I think that his real date of birth is probably 17 June 1884. I will report back when I learn more.

The free summary did not include his place of birth. The summary is very clear so I will just copy it below:

Dear Scott

I refer to your inquiry to the National Archives of Australia regarding Antonio Soro. This inquiry was also referred to the National Archives Sydney Office for searching.

I have identified the following files:

Title Soro, Antonio (Italian - naturalised British subject) [9 pp; box 49]
Contents date range 1940 - 1945
Series number C123, World War II security investigation dossiers, single number series created by the Security Service, New South Wales

This file includes a detailed report on Antonio Soro when he was living at Glebe in NSW which states that his relative in Australia was his Sister Ellen D'Alboro of 210 St Kilda Road Melbourne and that he had lived with Charles D'Alboro at 210 St Kilda Road Melbourne from 1908-1916. He stated that he had enlisted from 1916 to 1921 in the First World War in the Italian Army and he enlisted in Australia.

He also states that his original entry into Australia was on 18 June 1908 in Melbourne. He states his date of birth as 18 June 1888

Title Antonio Soro [Italian - arrived Melbourne - ship's name and date of disembarkation unknown. Box 155]
Contents date range 1939 - 1945
Series number SP11/2, Applications for registration (Aliens Registration files) (Forms A1, B1 and C), alphabetical series by nationality 1939-1947

This item includes an Alien registration form dated 19 September 1939 with the date of birth typed as 18 June 1888 . The date of entry into the Commonwealth is given as 18 June 1888. He is shown as employed at BHP Newcastle as an Electrical fitter and date of arrival as 18 June 1888 at Melbourne but with ship name as unknown. His address is 22 Gordon Street Mascot. The file continues with a page titled Summary of Changes of Abode. He lived at Glebe, Liverpool, Casula, then 210 St Kilda Road Middle Brighton in Victoria , at Beulah and at Mortlake in NSW. The later forms are the orginal Notice of Changes of Abode from Beulah to Mortlake, Mortlake to Glebe Point, then Gleve to Ultimo.

Title Antonio Soro [date of birth: 17 Jun 1884] [Italian - arrived Melbourne, 1908; date of arrival and ship not known. Box 1122]
Contents date range 1908 - 1948
Series number SP908/1, Application for Registration of Aliens (other than Asiatics) 1948-1969

This item includes a copy of the earlier Alien registration form dated 19 September 1939 with the date of birth typed as 18 June 1888 but crossed out and annotated in ink as 17 June 1884 . The date of entry into the Commonwealth is given as 18 June 1888. He is shown as employed at BHP Newcastle as an Electrical fitter. The second page is an Alien registration form dated 20 October 1948. This gives his date of birth as 17 June 1884 and date of arrival as 1908 at Melbourne on an Orient Line vessel. His occupation is again given as electrical fitter.
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

Good news finally. I have gotten a little information, summarized from a file in the Australia National Archives, which is a translation of his 1921 Italian passport.

According to this translation, Antonio was born 17 June 1884 in CODRONGIANOS, SASSARI. That's about 15 km south east of the city of Sassari. His father Giovanni was deceased before 1921 and his mother was Maria Catarina Sama or Sanna.

I think this is not going to be in familysearch.org's collection.

To summarize what I need, besides genealogical information, it would be good to find old newspaper articles, his military record, or anything else. He was in the Italian navy before 1908 and again in the military from about May 1918 up to maybe sometime in 1921. His family in Italy had enough influence to get him out of prison and back into the Italian military. Then somehow he was able to re-enter Australia and live there as a free man the rest of his life. He died in the Sydney area where he is buried, no evidence that he ever got married.

Newspaper articles could exist about his invention in 1912, the murder in 1914, or the release from prison in May 1918.

I have heard back from the Archives about most of the files I am interested in, but haven't ordered copies yet. I do have one image, the passenger list from Dec 3 1921 shows that an Antonio Soro, mechanic, born about 1884, entered the country on the SS Moncalieri with no apparent relatives. Oddly, his name is indented, written differently from the others, as if he stood out in some way from others on the ship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Records for Codrongianus are not online, but available on microfilm:

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You might also request his "foglio matricolare" (military info) at Archivio di Stato di Sassari (National Archives):

http://www.assassari.beniculturali.it/i ... ispondenza

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Oh, finally!
Thanks for let us know...
The CODRONGIANOS civil records are no online, but abt military service you can write in Sassari archive http://www.assassari.beniculturali.it/i ... /chi-siamo

asking a copy of
1-FOGLIO MATRICOLARE di SORO Antonio nato a CODRONGIANOS il 17 Giugno 1884.

and in same time you can request a copy of his birthact:

2-Copia Integrale dell'Atto di Nascita di SORO Antonio nato a CODRONGIANOS il 17 Giugno 1884.

the copies are by payment... after the request, the Archive will let you know as to pay(International money order here the webpage
http://www.assassari.beniculturali.it/i ... ispondenza )..
and after will send the copies
the request must be sent in italian Language...
if they can send you digital copy maybe is better for you....

abt the genealogic tree... just a genealogist in the Sassari area can help....
If familysearch website will improve the database on line, with CODRONGIANOS civil records, here we will be happy of to help you...

abt the invention or local newspapers... I can say you that I no found records is Sardinia...
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Lutherman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lutherman »

Suanj and Pippo, thanks so much for all your excellent assistance. I hope to purchase all these files within the next few months. You have given me a very big start and made it a lot easier for me.
Luther
mariop

Famiglia D'albora

Post by mariop »

Ciao Suanj,
sto facendo ricerche sulle mie origini dal lato della mia nonna materna Anita d'Albora, figlia di Domenico D'albora ed ho visto questo post di una decina di anni fa in cui sono citati alcuni parenti del mio bisnonno di cui non riesco a trovare le tracce e probabilmente espatriato in Australia, Cesare (Pasquale) D'albora , figlio come il mio Bisnonno Domenico di Giuseppe D'albora (18-07-1846 21-05-1913) ed Isabella Anna Liguori nata a Napoli il 16-08-1854, vissuti alle isole Eolie.
I figli di Giuseppe ed Isabella erano 5:
Maria (forse la primogenita) nata il 15-09-875 vissuta e deceduta nel 1955 a Salina di cui sappiamo tutto
Domenico mio bisnonno che è vissuto a Messina fino al terremoto del 1908, venuto a Napoli dov'è morto nel 1960
Alfredo nato nel 1881 è morto giovanissimo dopo essere espatrato a soli 17 anni negli USA ed è morto a 26 nel 1907

Gli altri due di cui non abbiamo tracce e visibili nella foto (ultimi due a destra)
[img][https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qglpb1l8 ... a0uxc&dl=0]
dove c'è anche il mio bisnonno terzo da destra e mia nonna la quarta con la bambina mia mamma, sono:

Ernesto D'Albora di cui non ho ancora trovato nulla
Cesare D'albora dovrebbe esser nato nel'1880 e morto nel '1963 a Melbourne, Australia di cui ora grazie a te so anche che era sposato ed il nome della moglie.

Mi riesci ad aiutare a trovare qualche notizia in più
Grazie
Mario

suanj wrote: 25 Oct 2014, 21:24 well.. my insistence... payed me!
I remembered that on a public genealogic tree, Giuseppe Rinaldo d'Albora birthplace was: Napoli.
I believed that was wrong, because the D'Alboras in Australia coming from Aeolian islands...
It is also true that the surname D'Albora was sicilian, of Trapani province, and some D'Albora moved in Aeolian islands for to work... I know that moved also in other regions.. but my main idea was Aeolian islands as birthplace ...
But I searched in all civil records of archipelago and nobody Cesare Pasquale D'Albora was born... I searched from 1874 to 1882 and no results...
Napoli civil records are available until 1865, so the search was out..
In effects in the Aeolian islands the maiden name of Cesare D'Albora mother, LIGUORI, is not... and I no found it in the civil records of Aeolian islands... Liguori is a neapolitan surname especially......
so I had a idea.. to search in Napoli civil records the Anna Liguori Birth... because could it be that a sicilian man married at a neapolitan man...

I found the birth act of Anna Liguori born in Napoli (San Giuseppe district) on 16 Aug 1854 #342, daughter of Domenico Liguori 22 old and of Giuseppa Battista 22 old, and married on 22 May 1873 at Giuseppe D'Albora; the note of marriage (if I read well the handwriting) on the bottom> second page of birth act >was on 30 Jul 1875... I believe married in Napoli also...

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I believe that in the Napoli civil records, are Cesare Pasquale D'Albora birth act and also the transcription of his marriage at Elisabetta ( or Elena Elisabetta SORO) and so also bride birthplace...
hoping helpful,
suanj
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mariop

Post by mariop »

Ciao,
Giuseppe d'Albora ed Isabella Liguori sono i miei trisavoli (genitori del mio bisnonno Domenico D'Albora), dov'è possibile avere una foto del documento che hai trascritto?
Te ne sarei molto grato
Grazie
Mario

Lutherman wrote: 30 Oct 2014, 06:09 Here is my best effort to transcribe and translate Anna Liguori's birth and marriage record. The translation is especially bad English but it gets the message across and I am not qualified to change much from the literal translation as offered by google translation software:

[page 1]

Numero d'ordine trecento quarantadue

L'anno mille ottocento cinquantaquattro, il dì diciassette del mese di Agosto alle ore due antimeridiane avanti di Noi [names illegible] eletto, ed uffiziale dello Stato Civile del Circondario San Giuseppe -- Comune di Napoli, Provincia di Napoli, è comparso Domenico Lègero di Napoli, di anni vent e due. Castagnaro domiciliato vie Carrozzeria Toledo numero trentadue --

il quale ci ha presentato una femmina secondo che abbiamo ocularmente riconosciuto, ed ha dichiarato, che la stessa è nata da lui e da Giuseppa Battista di Napoli, di anni vent e due sua moglie legittima unito domiciliata -- nel giorno se disse del mese suddetto -- dell anno correnti -- alle ore sei pomeridiane nella suo propria casa.

Lo stesso ci ha inoltre dichiarato di dare alla medesima il nome di Anna.

TRANSLATION PAGE 1:

Serial No three hundred forty-two

The year one thousand eight hundred fifty-four, the seventeenth day of the month of August at two o'clock in the morning before us [names illegible] elected, and officer of the civil state of the San Giuseppe Area - City of Naples, Naples Province, appeared Dominic Legero of Naples, aged twenty-two Castagnaro resident streets Carrozzeria Toledo number thirty-two --

who introduced us to a second female we on sight recognized, and declared, that the same was born by him and Giuseppa Battista of Naples, aged twenty two and his lawful wife residing together - on the day when he said of the said month - of the current year - at six in the evening in his own house.

The same has also stated that to give to her the name of Anna.

[page 2]

La presentazione, e dichiarazione anzidetta si è fatta alla presenza di Francisco Minutolo di Napoli di anni trentatre di professione parrucchiere -- domiciliato vie Carrozzeria Toledo numero undici -- e di Giovanni Vajalo di Napoli di anni trentuno -- di professione cantiniere -- domiciliato Carrozzeria numero trenta. Testimoni intervenuti al presente Atto, e dal Dichiarante prodotti.

Il presente atto, che abbiamo all uopo formato, è stato inscritto ne due registri, letto all dichiarante, ed a testimoni, ed indi nel giorno, mese, ed anno, come sopra, firmato da noi, dal dichiaranti e dai testimoni --

Domenico Liguori
Giocanni Rajolz
Francesco Minutolo
[2 more signatures]

TRANSLATION PAGE 2:

The presentation and aforementioned statement was made in the presence of Francisco Minutolo Naples thirty years of of the profession hairdresser - residing streets Carrozzeria Toledo number eleven - and of Giovanni Vajalo of Naples, thirty-one years - of the profession winemaker - residing Carrozzeria number thirty. Witnesses spoke to this Act, and the Declarant products.

This act, we have to appropriate to form, it was inscribed two registers, read to the declarant and witnesses, and then on the day, month, and year, as above, signed by us, the respondents and witnesses -

[signatures]

[page 1, column 2]

L'anno mille ottocento cinquantaquattro il di quattro del mese di settembre il Parroco di "Santi Giuseppi a Cristoporo" ci ha restituito il notamento, che Noi gli abbiamo rimesso nel giorno diciassette del mese di Agosto del controscritto atto di nascita,in pie del quale ha indicato, che il Sacramento del Battesimo è stato amministrato a ha controscritto Anna a diciassette Agosto correnti Anno. In vista di tal notamento, dopo averle cifrato, abbiamo disposto di conservarsi nel volume de documenti, ai foglio duecento novantotto --

Abbiamo inoltre accusato al Parroco anzidetto la ricezione del medesimo, ed abbiamo formato il presento Atto, che è stato inscritto ne due registri, in margine del corrispondente Atto di Nascita, ed indi lo abbiamo firmato.

TRANSLATION PAGE 1 COLUMN 2:

The year one thousand eight hundred fifty-four of the September the parish of "Santi Giuseppi a Cristoporo" has given us the notation, that we have put in the seventeenth day of the month of August of the undersigned birth certificate,

at the foot of which indicated that the Sacrament of Baptism was administered to Anna on August 17 has undersigned current year. In view of this notation, after being numbered, we have arranged to keep in the volume of documents, in the folio two hundred ninety-eight --

[page 2, handwritten in left margin:]

L'anno 1875 ci 30 Luglio
Anna Liguori cui ha rapporto il presente atto ha contratto matrimonio in questa sezione, li 22 Maggio 1873 con Giuseppe d'Albora.

[signature]

TRANSLATION PAGE TWO LEFT MARGIN:

The year 1875 July 30
Anna Liguori who reported has on this document got married in this section, there May 22, 1873 with Giuseppe d'Albora.