Buona wrote:My grandfather was Salvatore Leone born Carini 1891 to Vincenzo Leone and Grazie.
I am only just starting to research this side of my family. I know my grandfather had 1 older brother already living in Manhattan when he came to the US in the early 1900's. I believe they both worked in the fruit market in NYC. This brother (Antonio) had 3 daughters, Grace, Rosa and Jenny and 1 son, Vincenzo all born in Manhattan probably between 1915-1922.
Is any of this familiar to you? There are 2 nephews of my grandfather that are still living, one in Carini and the other in the US. I am trying to get an oral family history from them, although neither one speaks English.
OMG is this familiar to me???? That is my great grandfather (Antonino).
Antonino Leone Born March 13,1887 Carini. Son of Vincenzo Leone and Grazia Marciano. He married 1) Concetta Arena of Messina, Sicily, and YES had Grace, Jennie, Rose and Vincent. Concetta (Arena) died and he married 6 March 1920 NYC Giuseppa "Josephine" Marciano (his 1st cousin). They had 2 more daughters Frances (still living in in Hampden, MA, next to my town of East Longmeadow) and my grandmother Antonina "Nina"! This is fantastic....Oh do I have information to share with you. Antonino died in 1922, and his widow Josephine remarried to a Salvatore Giorraninno. They removed up here to Massachusetts. She died in 1947 Springfield. I have the Leone's back to the 1500's in Carini.
I am going to Privte message you my email address.
Jim