Help reading italian please
Re: Help reading italian please
Can someone help read a birth record? I know what most of it says -
Record No 59 I know is the person I am looking for Presta Giuseppe ????? Salvatore
born September 1889
birth mother is Raffaela Pellegini from Domenico
father is Antonio Presta from Antonio on Via Pianicello
but can someone tell me what it says under the baby’s name on the left side? Thank you! Im hoping it might lead me to another lead.
Record No 59 I know is the person I am looking for Presta Giuseppe ????? Salvatore
born September 1889
birth mother is Raffaela Pellegini from Domenico
father is Antonio Presta from Antonio on Via Pianicello
but can someone tell me what it says under the baby’s name on the left side? Thank you! Im hoping it might lead me to another lead.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help reading italian please
Yes it does. It says that on 25 March 1915, he celebrated marriage with Domenica Ciciarelli in the town of Longobardi, and the Registration No is ... 89?dizabrat wrote:Can someone help read a birth record? I know what most of it says -
Record No 59 I know is the person I am looking for Presta Giuseppe Innocenzo Salvatore
born 22 (ventidue) September 1890, 4 am,
birth mother is Raffaela Pellegrini, age 30, Filatrice (seamstress/cotton spinner/worker), from Domenico
father is Antonio Presta, 37, Bracciale (farmhand/laborer), from deceased (fu - was) Antonio on Via Pianicello
but can someone tell me what it says under the baby’s name on the left side? Thank you! Im hoping it might lead me to another lead.
Angela
Re: Help reading italian please
WOW!!! I have a spouse!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help reading italian please
Fantastic! You are very welcome Diane. It's great to see all the progress you have been making. Well done.dizabrat wrote:WOW!!! I have a spouse!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Angela
Re: Help reading italian please
Thank you Angela! I do have another question and hope I'm not being greedy in asking for another transcription but Im confused by 2 birth records - I cant read Italian but I know the line to look for the fathers name and in both these records it has a woman's name? Rosario Pizzini so I don't know who the parents are?
Re: Help reading italian please
Sorry, number 55 and 43.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help reading italian please
Rosaria Pizzini is midwife who helped with the childbirths
#55 parents are:
Gaetano Presta 41yo son of deceased Antonio
Carolina Mannarino 35yo dau of Pietro
#43 parents are
Antonio Presta 38 yo son of late Vincenzo
Innocenza Rao 38yo dau of Santo
#55 parents are:
Gaetano Presta 41yo son of deceased Antonio
Carolina Mannarino 35yo dau of Pietro
#43 parents are
Antonio Presta 38 yo son of late Vincenzo
Innocenza Rao 38yo dau of Santo
Re: Help reading italian please
Ahhh ok I understand, thank you very much Livio!
Re: Help reading italian please
Ok, I think Im finally getting this. On the attached Francesco Presta who was born in September married Angelina Bruno (by the note under his name). His parents were Pietro Presta and Saveria Amendola. Yes?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help reading italian please
There is another note (top right of the right page) stating that he died in Rome on Sep 6 1966dizabrat wrote:Ok, I think Im finally getting this. On the attached Francesco Presta who was born in September 5married Angelina Bruno on Apr 26 1919 (by the note under his name). His parents were Pietro Presta 26yo son of Gaetano and Saveria Amendola 32yo dau of Pasquale. Yes?
Re: Help reading italian please
oh.. really I didnt see that, thank you so much for all of your help.
Re: Help reading italian please
I thought that writing was for the person above. Thanks again.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help reading italian please
liviomoreno wrote:...
There is another note (top right of the right page) stating that Francesco Presta died in Rome on 10 Aug 1866, act nr 10, Part 2, series C (Sep 6 1966 is the date the annotation was written)
Re: Help reading italian please
Ok Thank you very much! The records I have been finding start at 1866, is there a place that goes back to 1850 that you know of?
Thank you again.
Thank you again.
