Help reading italian please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Can someone help read a birth record? I know what most of it says -
Record No 59 I know is the person I am looking for Presta Giuseppe ????? Salvatore
born September 1889
birth mother is Raffaela Pellegini from Domenico
father is Antonio Presta from Antonio on Via Pianicello

but can someone tell me what it says under the baby’s name on the left side? Thank you! Im hoping it might lead me to another lead.
Attachments
Giuseppe something Salvatore Presta birth record.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dizabrat wrote:Can someone help read a birth record? I know what most of it says -
Record No 59 I know is the person I am looking for Presta Giuseppe Innocenzo Salvatore
born 22 (ventidue) September 1890, 4 am,
birth mother is Raffaela Pellegrini, age 30, Filatrice (seamstress/cotton spinner/worker), from Domenico
father is Antonio Presta, 37, Bracciale (farmhand/laborer), from deceased (fu - was) Antonio on Via Pianicello

but can someone tell me what it says under the baby’s name on the left side? Thank you! Im hoping it might lead me to another lead.
Yes it does. It says that on 25 March 1915, he celebrated marriage with Domenica Ciciarelli in the town of Longobardi, and the Registration No is ... 89?

Angela :D
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

WOW!!! I have a spouse!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dizabrat wrote:WOW!!! I have a spouse!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Fantastic! You are very welcome Diane. It's great to see all the progress you have been making. Well done.

Angela :)
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Thank you Angela! I do have another question and hope I'm not being greedy in asking for another transcription but Im confused by 2 birth records - I cant read Italian but I know the line to look for the fathers name and in both these records it has a woman's name? Rosario Pizzini so I don't know who the parents are?
Attachments
Salvatore Giuseppe Maria Carmine Presta birth.jpg
Presta Nicolina Antonio birth mystery Rosaria Pizini.jpg
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Sorry, number 55 and 43.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by liviomoreno »

Rosaria Pizzini is midwife who helped with the childbirths

#55 parents are:
Gaetano Presta 41yo son of deceased Antonio
Carolina Mannarino 35yo dau of Pietro

#43 parents are
Antonio Presta 38 yo son of late Vincenzo
Innocenza Rao 38yo dau of Santo
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Ahhh ok I understand, thank you very much Livio!
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Ok, I think Im finally getting this. On the attached Francesco Presta who was born in September married Angelina Bruno (by the note under his name). His parents were Pietro Presta and Saveria Amendola. Yes?
Attachments
Francesco Presta birth via Campagna Contrada Varone.jpg
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by liviomoreno »

dizabrat wrote:Ok, I think Im finally getting this. On the attached Francesco Presta who was born in September 5married Angelina Bruno on Apr 26 1919 (by the note under his name). His parents were Pietro Presta 26yo son of Gaetano and Saveria Amendola 32yo dau of Pasquale. Yes?
There is another note (top right of the right page) stating that he died in Rome on Sep 6 1966
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

oh.. really I didnt see that, thank you so much for all of your help.
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

I thought that writing was for the person above. Thanks again.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by liviomoreno »

liviomoreno wrote:...
There is another note (top right of the right page) stating that Francesco Presta died in Rome on 10 Aug 1866, act nr 10, Part 2, series C (Sep 6 1966 is the date the annotation was written)
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Ok Thank you very much! The records I have been finding start at 1866, is there a place that goes back to 1850 that you know of?

Thank you again.
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Help reading italian please

Post by dizabrat »

Thank you.
Post Reply