Thank you so much, mmogno. It is very kind of you to post this for me on tuttogenealogia.it A big thank you also for going to the trouble of typing up the Act in Italian. I really appreciate your time spent doing this. Grazia molto!
From what I understand of what you have typed, my interpretation of the Act is basically correct. I understand now though, that Nicola Pannizzotto was in Sicily for work in the town of Monforte di S. Pietro. (I couldn't decifer Monforte before. And I couldn't decipher the word travagliare, neither. From this word, I understand that Nicola Pannizzotto undertook very hard and at times painful work?, which gives some insight into his existence.)
I'll take a closer look at the Italian that you have typed up again later, when I return from work. There may possibly be something else, different to what I have interpreted. I'm not too worried about the witnesses etc.
For Marie's benefit I'll post your opening comment. (I've changed the wording slightly so it makes better sense in English.) You have explained it so much better than I could:
“This document, a certificed copy, produced on 14 January 1830 and seems to be a kind of declaration of the presumed death of Nicola Pannizzotto, in the absence of a death certificate, required for marriage in Molochio between Carmine Noto, son of Marzio, and Maria Pannizzotto. (Nicola Pannizzotto, being the paternal grandfather of Maria Pannizzottto.)
Based on the statements of the witnesses listed, death took place in 1805 in Sicily, where Nicola Pannizzotto would go to work." Abridged.
Thank you once again, mmogno. I really appreciate it.
Angela
P.S. Since typing this note, I've noticed that Luca has made some adjustments. I'll look at that as well later.