Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by dizabrat »

Hi, I have recently found a woman named Marina Calcopietro who married my grandfather's brother, Nicola Presta in 1906. Does anyone here have this surname in their family. I cant find much on it. Thanks.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by adelfio »

Marina Calcopietro was born in Polistena province Reggio Calabria

1889 Aug 7th Birth record of Marina Calcopietro (Something happen to the registry this is a copy to replace original birth act
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

1907 Marriage publication Nicola Presta and Marina Calcopietro
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by dizabrat »

OMG that is her birth record!!!! Thank so much!!!

I did find their marriage record and I think it says something about her father Pasquale being in America (possibly when she got married?).

I also found their son's birth record Antonio Presta in Dec 1908 in Longobardi and I think it says something bout the father Francesco being in America when his son was born. After searching for months I did find a Francesco Presta around the same age from Longobardi going to America and even other records but it said his wife was Isabella and it was not the correct family.

Is there a site with records past 1910 that you know of, maybe Francesco and Marina Calcopietro had other children?
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by dizabrat »

May I ask what Marina's birth date is?
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by dizabrat »

Never mind Aug 7 1889.. I was so excited I missed your post with her date!
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 15:30

Re: Calcopietro Surname near Cosenza Italy

Post by dizabrat »

Hi Marty,

I found the marriage index for Pasquale Calcopietro and Maria Antonia Capri in 1879 in Polistena, Reggio Calabria. In the index it says #14 but the actual records say they start in 1904, what am I missing?

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... Polistena/
Post Reply