Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?
Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?
My ancestral home which is located in Trecenta, Italy was donated in the early part of the 1900's to become an orphanage. I have a photo of the house with the title "Orjanoiorjio Femminije Sant'Antonjio." I'm assuming that this means St. Anthony orphange for girls? My gr, gr, gr, grandmother donated it but I don;t know her name. If I can find out who owned this house, then, I have my link to my Italian relatives in Trecenta. Who should I write to to find out if this orphanage still exists or who owned the house originally? Thanks, Karen
Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?
"Notary records are found in each of the State Archives thru out Italy,
they primarily document property transactions"
Quoted from "Italian Genealogical Records" by Trafford R. Cole.
wldspirit
they primarily document property transactions"
Quoted from "Italian Genealogical Records" by Trafford R. Cole.
wldspirit
Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?
Thank you for your help. Karen
Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?
Karen it seems that in Rovigo archive( trecenta is in Rovigo province) don't are nobody record about ORFANOTROFIO FEMMINILE SANT'ANTONIO( right spelling).. my advice is of to send a letter to Major and to ask some info... you send in attachement the photo that you have... if the house was a big house could be that now is a hotel... however I think that a letter to major can be helpful... regards, suanjparkville wrote:My ancestral home which is located in Trecenta, Italy was donated in the early part of the 1900's to become an orphanage. I have a photo of the house with the title "Orjanoiorjio Femminije Sant'Antonjio." I'm assuming that this means St. Anthony orphange for girls? My gr, gr, gr, grandmother donated it but I don;t know her name. If I can find out who owned this house, then, I have my link to my Italian relatives in Trecenta. Who should I write to to find out if this orphanage still exists or who owned the house originally? Thanks, Karen
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


