Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
parkville
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 00:00

Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?

Post by parkville »

My ancestral home which is located in Trecenta, Italy was donated in the early part of the 1900's to become an orphanage. I have a photo of the house with the title "Orjanoiorjio Femminije Sant'Antonjio." I'm assuming that this means St. Anthony orphange for girls? My gr, gr, gr, grandmother donated it but I don;t know her name. If I can find out who owned this house, then, I have my link to my Italian relatives in Trecenta. Who should I write to to find out if this orphanage still exists or who owned the house originally? Thanks, Karen
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?

Post by wldspirit »

"Notary records are found in each of the State Archives thru out Italy,
they primarily document property transactions"

Quoted from "Italian Genealogical Records" by Trafford R. Cole.

wldspirit
User avatar
parkville
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 00:00

Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?

Post by parkville »

Thank you for your help. Karen
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trecenta, Italy-Who do I contact re: property ownership?

Post by suanj »

parkville wrote:My ancestral home which is located in Trecenta, Italy was donated in the early part of the 1900's to become an orphanage. I have a photo of the house with the title "Orjanoiorjio Femminije Sant'Antonjio." I'm assuming that this means St. Anthony orphange for girls? My gr, gr, gr, grandmother donated it but I don;t know her name. If I can find out who owned this house, then, I have my link to my Italian relatives in Trecenta. Who should I write to to find out if this orphanage still exists or who owned the house originally? Thanks, Karen
Karen it seems that in Rovigo archive( trecenta is in Rovigo province) don't are nobody record about ORFANOTROFIO FEMMINILE SANT'ANTONIO( right spelling).. my advice is of to send a letter to Major and to ask some info... you send in attachement the photo that you have... if the house was a big house could be that now is a hotel... however I think that a letter to major can be helpful... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply