Please help in finding Birth Record
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
My grandmother rosaria Indelicato had a brother I met him once or twice I called him uncle poppy. He looked like my grandmother. Years later when I was a little older I asked why no one ever really spoke about poppy n I overheard the adults saying he died young from a sexual transmitted disease. Are their any mention of Poppy from birth records of Maria Concetta parish?
Now my grandfather rosario Indelicato had many siblings that I remember Kathryn Salvatore benny Mary n a bunch more they all looked just like my grandpa! But that is the Indelicato side
Now my grandfather rosario Indelicato had many siblings that I remember Kathryn Salvatore benny Mary n a bunch more they all looked just like my grandpa! But that is the Indelicato side
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Does it say what my great grandparents died of? That young 75. My father died at 75. Now his is a sad story. He used to own blocks n blocks of brownstones in Brooklynn ny and he used to collect rent every Saturday I remember as a child him leaving Long Island to drive into Brooklynn but he said he never collected the $ in the same order so no one would know . He kept the $ in a brown paper bag. One time he was in a rush and he made the same rounds as the sat before and he notice as he entered one of the building the hall light was broke n as he got a funny feeling, they jumped him and stabbed him 32 times
We rushed to hospital n I saw these men in black suits standing by his door. I never met them before but I knew who and what they were
My father wasn't expected to live but he did. They took out his sternum so he was kind of hunched over 12 months later he came out of hospital. Those men that I saw, they took care of the 3 men who did that to my father
We rushed to hospital n I saw these men in black suits standing by his door. I never met them before but I knew who and what they were
My father wasn't expected to live but he did. They took out his sternum so he was kind of hunched over 12 months later he came out of hospital. Those men that I saw, they took care of the 3 men who did that to my father
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Rosary did you now Poppy's real name. Was he married?
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Last name Samperi never married not sure of his first name. Asking my cousin
Thank you marty
Thank you marty
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
First name Salvatore
Let me know what u find out
Ty rosary
Let me know what u find out
Ty rosary
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Did Poppy live NY? Are you sure he wasn't married?
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Yes poppy had to live in ny if I met him twice... n my cousin asked my uncle...he was not married....
Glad you wrote back....I was checking everyday...got so used to talking w you, very grateful
Glad you wrote back....I was checking everyday...got so used to talking w you, very grateful
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
I am looking for some information about my grandfather's birth and family. His name is Samuel (?) DeFazio born around Nov 5, 1906 ish. Parents are Lorenzo DeFazio born about 1875 and married to Catherine Julian born about 1887. He used to say that he was from the heel of the boot but I remember an obituary that did not show his birth from that area. But I can not find the obituary now. They sailed to the US from Nicastro. Would you be able to help me?
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Welcome to IG website
You best start your own post they came over in 1910 Line#11 Lorenzo De Fazio and Caterina Giuliani born in Nicastro
PG 1 LINK TO SHIPMANIFEST
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... _1536-0217
PG 2 LINK TO SHIPMANIFEST
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Death record
Name:Lorenzo DeFazio
Gender:Male
Race:White
Age:69
Birth Date:28 Aug 1878
Birth Place:Italy
Death Date:17 Jan 1947
Death Place:Newton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, USA
Father:Clemente DeFazio
Mother:Frances Graziano
Marty
You best start your own post they came over in 1910 Line#11 Lorenzo De Fazio and Caterina Giuliani born in Nicastro
PG 1 LINK TO SHIPMANIFEST
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... _1536-0217
PG 2 LINK TO SHIPMANIFEST
http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Death record
Name:Lorenzo DeFazio
Gender:Male
Race:White
Age:69
Birth Date:28 Aug 1878
Birth Place:Italy
Death Date:17 Jan 1947
Death Place:Newton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, USA
Father:Clemente DeFazio
Mother:Frances Graziano
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Is this information that you are getting thru Ancestry.com? I did track their travels from Italy when I had access a few yrs ago. It looked like they came back and forth a couple of times with different children. I was hoping to find out where my grandfather was born in Italy? I also wondered what the best way to get info from Italy itself might be?
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
Returning to Wetseal40's family...
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... HJD?i=2505
Even better, another "film" has the index sorted by complete surname, then by church and year. This index may be found on images 8-371.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=681795
The name "Samperi" combined with the town of Acireale piqued my interest. Their family's marriage index may be found on images 303 and 304:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=681795
If you choose to do further research into your relatives from Acireale, one invaluable aid is the master index to the marriages for all of the churches in that area. This index is available on FamilySearch and exists in two forms. One one "film", the names are broken down by the first letter of each surname and sorted by the church (in order of establishment, I think) and then by year. You can find this index on images 2506-3025, with a couple unsorted entries on image 3026adelfio wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 17:11 The Samperi's come from the town of Acireale
Death record of Salvatore Samperi (father of Venerando Samperi )
INDEX#32
1901 April 24th in the town of Piedimonte Etneo in a house on via Bardelle #7 the death of Salvatore Samperi age 75 shepherd born in Acireale and resides in Piedimonte Etneo son of deceased Gaetano Samperi and deceased Rosaria Ricca husband of the deceased Rosaria Bonanno
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043496
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... HJD?i=2505
Even better, another "film" has the index sorted by complete surname, then by church and year. This index may be found on images 8-371.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=681795
The name "Samperi" combined with the town of Acireale piqued my interest. Their family's marriage index may be found on images 303 and 304:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=681795
Re: Please help in finding Birth Record
As noted above, the name "Samperi" is of interest to me. The father of one of my cousins has ancestors who moved from Acireale to Piedimonte Etneo back in the mid-1700's. I was curious if Rosary's family connected to my cousin's. They do... but way, way back! The two lines don't converge until one goes all the way back as far as one can with the Acireale records for the Samperi's.
Starting with Rosary's great-great-great grandparents Gaetano Samperi and Rosaria Ricca -- as located by Marty (adelfio) -- here is the trace of the marriages going back using the index and the church records. All names are rendered in Italian as per the marriage index. All marriages, unless otherwise noted, took place in the mother church for Acireale (Maria Santissima Annunziata).
The final entry is an assumed link: there are no other Scipione Samperi's in Acireale, so I am assuming that Scipione Samperi and Diana Spina are Matteo Samperi's parents.
What makes Scipione Samperi most remarkable is that he appears to be the progenitor Samperi in Acireale. So far, every Samperi I've traced in that town has led back to him. (My cousin's line stems from another of Scipione's children, Vincenzo Samperi.) Could make for an interesting "one name" study for Acireale...
Starting with Rosary's great-great-great grandparents Gaetano Samperi and Rosaria Ricca -- as located by Marty (adelfio) -- here is the trace of the marriages going back using the index and the church records. All names are rendered in Italian as per the marriage index. All marriages, unless otherwise noted, took place in the mother church for Acireale (Maria Santissima Annunziata).
- Mag. Gaetano Samperi and Rosaria Ricca (top entry on right): married 19-Sep-1814; Gaetano's parents were Mag. Venerando Samperi and Venera Gargano.
- Mag. Venerando Samperi and Venera Gargano (starts as bottom entry on left): married 19-Nov-1781; Venerando's parents were Pasquale Samperi and Rosaria Puglisi.
- ??? Pasquale Samperi and Rosaria Puglisi (starts as bottom entry on left; can't make out "title" for Pasquale): married 15-May-1754 at Santa Maria del Suffragio; Pasquale's parents were Mag. Stefano Samperi and Angela di Natale.
- Mag. Stefano Samperi and Angela di Natale (bottom left entry): married 11-Apr-1723; Stefano's parents were Mag. Pasquale Samperi and Catarina Leotta.
- Mag. Pasquale Samperi and Catarina Leotta (top left entry): married 9-Jan-1695; Pasquale's parents were Mag. Francesco Samperi and Francesca Rao.
- Mag. Francesco Samperi and Francesca Rao (top left entry): married 28-Aug-1662; Francesco's parents were Mag. Matteo Samperi and Madea Finocchiara.
- Matteo Samperi and Madea Finocchiara (second entry on left): married 7-Jan-1632; Matteo's father was Scipione Samperi; no mother listed.
- Scipione Samperi and Diana Spina(*) (bottom right entry): married 24-Aug-1597; no parents listed for Scipione; a transcribed version (top left entry) of the marriage record made at a later date also appears in the church register.
The final entry is an assumed link: there are no other Scipione Samperi's in Acireale, so I am assuming that Scipione Samperi and Diana Spina are Matteo Samperi's parents.
What makes Scipione Samperi most remarkable is that he appears to be the progenitor Samperi in Acireale. So far, every Samperi I've traced in that town has led back to him. (My cousin's line stems from another of Scipione's children, Vincenzo Samperi.) Could make for an interesting "one name" study for Acireale...



