Nagoli

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Linag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 20:18

Nagoli

Post by Linag »

I was searching for ancestor records on familysearch, found Giosue Carrano born in Nagoli. Can any one tell me if Nagoli exists? I tried to google it and found nothing. Could it be a typo? Nagoli instead of Napoli?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Nagoli

Post by PippoM »

I'd say it's a typo, but if you post an image of your record, or a link to it, we can try to help you.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Linag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 20:18

Re: Nagoli

Post by Linag »

It is a record listed on Family search https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRBB-Y5K
unfortunately there is no image of the microfilm attached.
Name: Giosue Carrano
Gender: Male
Burial Date:
Burial Place:
Death Date: 26 Jan 1840
Death Place: Girgenti
Age: 80
Birth Date: 1760
Birthplace: Nagoli
Occupation: Shop Keeper
Race:
Marital Status: Widowed
Spouse's Name: Maria Angela Ferraiola
Father's Name: Clemente Carrano
Father's Birthplace:
Mother's Name: Rosa Carrano
Mother's Birthplace:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B00147-2
System Origin: Italy-EASy
GS Film number: 1339999
Reference ID: P37



Citing this Record:
"Italia, Morti e Sepolture, 1809-1900," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRBB-Y5K : 4 December 2014), Giosue Carrano, 26 Jan 1840; citing Girgenti, reference P37; FHL microfilm 1,339,999.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nagoli

Post by liviomoreno »

Here is the actual death record: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

the birth town is Napoli

the spouse's surname is Ferrajolo
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nagoli

Post by erudita74 »

I agree with Livio that the place of birth is Napoli. I was working on the translation of the record when Livio posted the link to the record. Here's the translation-

The record is dated Jan 27, 1840 but the death took place on the 26th at 8 P.M. in his own house. Don* (this is a title) Giosue' Carrano was age 80 at death, and the widower of Maria Angela Ferrajola (this surname may be written as Ferraiola and I've seen it written as Ferrajoli). He was a shopkeeper living in Girgenti in the district of San Pietro, Strada (street) Giambertoni. He was the son of deceased Clemente Carrano and deceased Rosa Carrano.

Erudita
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nagoli

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 12:07 I agree with Livio that the place of birth is Napoli. I was working on the translation of the record when Livio posted the link to the record. Here's the translation-

The record is dated Jan 27, 1840 but the death took place on the 26th at 8 P.M. in his own house. Don* (this is a title) Giosue' Carrano was age 80 at death, and the widower of Maria Angela Ferrajolo (this surname may be written as Ferraiola and I've seen it written as Ferrajoli). He was a shopkeeper living in Girgenti in the district of San Pietro, Strada (street) Giambertoni. He was the son of deceased Clemente Carrano and deceased Rosa Carrano.

Erudita
:roll:
Linag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 20:18

Re: Nagoli

Post by Linag »

Thanks for the help. In order to trace Clemente I have to probably check the death records for Napoli.
Post Reply