Hello!
I'm in the process of getting my Italian citizenship - I've run into a problem.
My great grandmothers name. She came over on the boat as Josephine, her marriage, death and naturalization records all have her named as Josephine.
I have now found out her name in Italy(Italian birth record) and death record are listed as Giuseppa...not Josephine.
I'm assuming this is an issue for the Italian govt? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm willing to challenge the records to have them corrected if necessary but I need advice here.
Thank you for your time.
Name issue
Re: Name issue
Giuseppe = Joseph
Giuseppa = Josephine
These are literal name translations. Shouldn't be an issue.
Giuseppa = Josephine
These are literal name translations. Shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Name issue
Giuseppa could be translated Josepha, and Giuseppina is Josephine obviously...
The firstname is the same, and Giuseppina is the diminutive of Giuseppa, so Giuseppina=Josephine= little Josepha...
suanj
The firstname is the same, and Giuseppina is the diminutive of Giuseppa, so Giuseppina=Josephine= little Josepha...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


