Good morning. I just thought I would share that along with the copy of the original birth record for my grandfather that I just received, there was included a clearly typed up version including just the pertinent details.
There were two attachments to the email. The first one that I opened was the original. The hand writing was very hard to read (compared to my other grandfather's birth certificate). As I tried to muddle through it and prepared to post a copy here for help, I remembered the second attachment. I was so pleased to see the transcription. Of course, it is in Italian, but it is legible. I am just wondering if this is done everywhere, and you just have to know to ask for it, or if it just depends on the area. I only asked for the birth certificate. If it is available everywhere, I would be interested to know how to ask for it in addition to the original document.
