Need Help Translating Letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
jcaccaro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Apr 2013, 00:36

Need Help Translating Letter

Post by jcaccaro »

My cousin recently found this letter in her possession. It appears it was sent to my great grandparents by their nephew Giuseppe. It is dated March 27, 1964 and it was sent from Bahia Blanca, Argentina to my great grandparents in Struthers, Ohio. I am having trouble with the handwriting. I can only recognize a couple words.
I was wondering if someone could translate the letter for me?

Thank you very much!

Joey L. Caccarozzo
jcaccaro@aol.com
Attachments
Linda - Letter.jpg
User avatar
gaspaol
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 151
Joined: 14 Jun 2017, 16:22

Re: Need Help Translating Letter

Post by gaspaol »

Giuseppina writes to her uncle and aunt saying that she and her sisters Dora and Rosa (?) have left for a short stay in Italy after 40 years of absence. The brother of her husband had to come with them but he had a work accident and lost three fingers.
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
jcaccaro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Apr 2013, 00:36

Re: Need Help Translating Letter

Post by jcaccaro »

Thank you - that is very helpful. I had no idea they went back to Italy for a visit. I just recently reconnected with some of my relatives down in Argentina.
Post Reply