Looking for city name

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
brunnosf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 Aug 2017, 06:59

Looking for city name

Post by brunnosf »

Hello!!
My great grandfather was born supposedly in "San Mattimano" (Piemonte, Italy). This city exist?

Greetings,
Bruno Giordanino
User avatar
gaspaol
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 151
Joined: 14 Jun 2017, 16:22

Re: Looking for city name

Post by gaspaol »

Hello.
I don't think it does. Can you post here the document where the birthplace is written?
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
User avatar
gaspaol
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 151
Joined: 14 Jun 2017, 16:22

Re: Looking for city name

Post by gaspaol »

The closest one should be Martiniana Po where there are some Giordanino. That is the surname of your great-grandfather right?
I had a quick look here:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2068332

but I couldn't find the people you are looking for.
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for city name

Post by Tessa78 »

Another suggestion... (Mattimano might be a close phonetic spelling)

Montemagno in Asti Province, Piedmonte Region

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montemagno,_Piedmont

T.
brunnosf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 Aug 2017, 06:59

Re: Looking for city name

Post by brunnosf »

Yes, I´ve considered that place (Montemagno), good to know you saw that too. Could be a clue. Thanks!
Post Reply