Hello!!
My great grandfather was born supposedly in "San Mattimano" (Piemonte, Italy). This city exist?
Greetings,
Bruno Giordanino
Looking for city name
Re: Looking for city name
Hello.
I don't think it does. Can you post here the document where the birthplace is written?
I don't think it does. Can you post here the document where the birthplace is written?
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
Re: Looking for city name
The closest one should be Martiniana Po where there are some Giordanino. That is the surname of your great-grandfather right?
I had a quick look here:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2068332
but I couldn't find the people you are looking for.
I had a quick look here:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2068332
but I couldn't find the people you are looking for.
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
Re: Looking for city name
Another suggestion... (Mattimano might be a close phonetic spelling)
Montemagno in Asti Province, Piedmonte Region
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montemagno,_Piedmont
T.
Montemagno in Asti Province, Piedmonte Region
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montemagno,_Piedmont
T.
Re: Looking for city name
Yes, I´ve considered that place (Montemagno), good to know you saw that too. Could be a clue. Thanks!


