document interpretation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
Pontiusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 17 Jul 2016, 23:20
Location: Auburn, California

document interpretation

Post by Pontiusmaximus »

This document, found in church marriage records in Borgetto refers to a marriage on 29 Jul 1810 of Sancto Congialosi and Vincentia Lucchese, But I'm uncertain of it's purpose. I suspect it may be an annulment, but want to get an opinion than my suspicions. Thanks


https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... C351129701
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: document interpretation

Post by liviomoreno »

Santo Congialosi and Vita (not Vincenza) Lucchesi.
I was not able to decipher everything but my understanding is that they married on July 29 1810 (see https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915) but the marriage was annulled because they were related (4th degree?). After that they obtained a clearance and they married again on 1817 Oct 15
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: document interpretation

Post by erudita74 »

Yes, I agree with Livio. It does appear that they received a dispensation to marry again in 1817, and that the dispensation was granted due to the fact that they were blood relatives in the 4th degree.

Erudita
Post Reply