This document, found in church marriage records in Borgetto refers to a marriage on 29 Jul 1810 of Sancto Congialosi and Vincentia Lucchese, But I'm uncertain of it's purpose. I suspect it may be an annulment, but want to get an opinion than my suspicions. Thanks
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... C351129701
document interpretation
- Pontiusmaximus
- Rookie

- Posts: 40
- Joined: 17 Jul 2016, 23:20
- Location: Auburn, California
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: document interpretation
Santo Congialosi and Vita (not Vincenza) Lucchesi.
I was not able to decipher everything but my understanding is that they married on July 29 1810 (see https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915) but the marriage was annulled because they were related (4th degree?). After that they obtained a clearance and they married again on 1817 Oct 15
I was not able to decipher everything but my understanding is that they married on July 29 1810 (see https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915) but the marriage was annulled because they were related (4th degree?). After that they obtained a clearance and they married again on 1817 Oct 15
Re: document interpretation
Yes, I agree with Livio. It does appear that they received a dispensation to marry again in 1817, and that the dispensation was granted due to the fact that they were blood relatives in the 4th degree.
Erudita
Erudita