Di Marca / Mercadante

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
aosmga
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 19:47

Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by aosmga »

Hello,

I am trying to find the marriage record for Antonio di Marca with Raphaela Mercadante,

He was born in Tramutora, November, 18 1854

Son of Vicenzo di Marca and Francesca Ragone.

They came to Brazil around 1880.

Thanks in Advance for your help.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by Biff83 »

aosmga wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 15:23 Hello,

I am trying to find the marriage record for Antonio di Marca with Raphaela Mercadante,

He was born in Tramutora, November, 18 1854

Son of Vicenzo di Marca and Francesca Ragone.

They came to Brazil around 1880.

Thanks in Advance for your help.
The closest town I could locate to Tramutora is Tramutola, prvovince of Potenza, Basilicata.
Did Antonio and Raffaela marry in Italy prior to emigrating to Brazil?

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
aosmga
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 19:47

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by aosmga »

I am sorry, I mispelled it, Tramutola ir right. Yes, they married in Italy, before they went to Brazil. They had a daughter name Rosa di Marca, but I do not have any information about her.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by Biff83 »

Records for Tramutola are available online at the following site. You'll need to check the marriage records starting around 1872 (when Antonio would have been 18) and later. Each year should have an annual index at the beginning or end of each year's records. I'll also check later today in the evening after I return from doing a few errands.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2043547

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
aosmga
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 19:47

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by aosmga »

Thank you very much!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by Biff83 »

No luck finding their marriage in Tramutola 1866-1883.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
aosmga
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 19:47

Re: Di Marca / Mercadante

Post by aosmga »

I will try some town around Tramutola, thanks for your help
Post Reply