Are there churches in these villages? Is there a way to request records from churches?
Thanks for any help.
Churches in Angri and Sant' Egidio del Monte Albano
Re: Churches in Angri and Sant' Egidio del Monte Albano
Angri
http://www.parrocchiemap.it/parrocchiem ... ione=Angri
Sant'Egidio Del Monte Albino
http://www.parrocchiemap.it/parrocchiem ... nte+Albino
http://www.parrocchiemap.it/parrocchiem ... ione=Angri
Sant'Egidio Del Monte Albino
http://www.parrocchiemap.it/parrocchiem ... nte+Albino
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Churches in Angri and Sant' Egidio del Monte Albano
Thank you, mmogno, I appreciate your help!
I wasn't expecting that many churches in two small villages! Is there any way to find out how old these parishes are? Santa Maria di Constatinopoli looks modern, but may have replaced an older church. I'll have to find out where the family lived to see which parish is most likely to have records from 1901.
Thank you again.
I wasn't expecting that many churches in two small villages! Is there any way to find out how old these parishes are? Santa Maria di Constatinopoli looks modern, but may have replaced an older church. I'll have to find out where the family lived to see which parish is most likely to have records from 1901.
Thank you again.
Re: Churches in Angri and Sant' Egidio del Monte Albano
They are not small villages! Today they have about 50,000 inhabitants altogether!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Churches in Angri and Sant' Egidio del Monte Albano
Point taken, PippoM.
I'm afraid I'm thinking of the area as it was over 100 years ago when my grandmother lived there.
When I saw that my great grandparents' street led to Piazza San Giovanni Battista and that church was only a two minute walk from their home, I thought I had their parish church. But I checked, and located all the other churches in Angri. To my surprise S. Maria di Constantinopoli was a 3 minute walk in the opposite direction. It didn't seem a likely match, as that church has a much more modern look. But I checked. As it turns out San Giovanni is the "new" church (1180 AD) while the "modern" S. Maria di Constantinopoli (with a new facade) was built around the year 700!
When I saw that my great grandparents' street led to Piazza San Giovanni Battista and that church was only a two minute walk from their home, I thought I had their parish church. But I checked, and located all the other churches in Angri. To my surprise S. Maria di Constantinopoli was a 3 minute walk in the opposite direction. It didn't seem a likely match, as that church has a much more modern look. But I checked. As it turns out San Giovanni is the "new" church (1180 AD) while the "modern" S. Maria di Constantinopoli (with a new facade) was built around the year 700!

