Hi all,
I am searching my family history and came across the US naturalization certificate of my great-great grandfather, Raffaele Napolitano. It says him and his wife, Chiarina Violona, were married in the same town he was born in: Cunignoro, Italy. This town is also listed in his death record. However, absolutely nothing turns up for this on Google or any forums! Any ideas, anyone?
I know he came to the US from the port in Naples and his wife is from Casamarciano. Let me know if you need further info, I have more but did not want to drag this post down with unneeded info. Thank you so so much!
Cunignoro, Italy?
Re: Cunignoro, Italy?
Just a suggestion: probably.. the birthplace is mispelled in some way... I believe right: COMIZIANO, in Naples province.. just far from Casamarciano 8 car's minutes..
regards,
suanj
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Cunignoro, Italy?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Cunignoro, Italy?
suanj wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 17:29 Just a suggestion: probably.. the birthplace is mispelled in some way... I believe right: COMIZIANO, in Naples province.. just far from Casamarciano 8 car's minutes..
regards,
suanj
Comiziano used to be Cumignano.
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Re: Cunignoro, Italy?
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Re: Cunignoro, Italy?
Yes, it appears you are all correct. We just found the birth certificates and it says Comiziano on it! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.



