Cunignoro, Italy?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
sc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Apr 2018, 02:05

Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by sc93 »

Hi all,

I am searching my family history and came across the US naturalization certificate of my great-great grandfather, Raffaele Napolitano. It says him and his wife, Chiarina Violona, were married in the same town he was born in: Cunignoro, Italy. This town is also listed in his death record. However, absolutely nothing turns up for this on Google or any forums! Any ideas, anyone?

I know he came to the US from the port in Naples and his wife is from Casamarciano. Let me know if you need further info, I have more but did not want to drag this post down with unneeded info. Thank you so so much!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by suanj »

Just a suggestion: probably.. the birthplace is mispelled in some way... I believe right: COMIZIANO, in Naples province.. just far from Casamarciano 8 car's minutes..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
brogie62
Elite
Elite
Posts: 273
Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 02:49
Location: New Jersey

Re: Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by brogie62 »

suanj wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 17:29 Just a suggestion: probably.. the birthplace is mispelled in some way... I believe right: COMIZIANO, in Naples province.. just far from Casamarciano 8 car's minutes..
regards,
suanj

Comiziano used to be Cumignano.
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
User avatar
brogie62
Elite
Elite
Posts: 273
Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 02:49
Location: New Jersey

Re: Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by brogie62 »

brogie62 wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 00:56
suanj wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 17:29 Just a suggestion: probably.. the birthplace is mispelled in some way... I believe right: COMIZIANO, in Naples province.. just far from Casamarciano 8 car's minutes..
regards,
suanj

Comiziano used to be Cumignano.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comiziano
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
sc93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Apr 2018, 02:05

Re: Cunignoro, Italy?

Post by sc93 »

Yes, it appears you are all correct. We just found the birth certificates and it says Comiziano on it! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Post Reply